GDT: Sharks vs Ducks Part 2

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Time to see an eye doctor maybe?

So his shot is above avg at times but because any player with an average shot can make 5 footers this makes him have just an avg shot??:help:

ANYONE shooting from farther out is going to have a chance of a tip play,etc. Not sure your point? I have seen many of Pavs shots from "past the 5 ft area", guy can shoot.

The bolded part-Thats a ludicrous statement..

Anyhow, Thats the last I will say. for now.:D

glad were both done with it. see ya

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
Emerson Etem played very well against you guys. I expec big things. Long beach baby!

If an NHL first-gamer didn't score a goal against the Sharks then I think their performance can probably be graded as less than average.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
The only bad thing I have to say about Petrecki is the outlet pass is nearly non existent. Everything else wasn't that bad. But yeah from what I saw I'm not sure Petrecki could make an outlet pass to save his career....

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
100% with ya, but I'm fine with Clowe taking shootout attempts given his percentage (which are based on his deke and then going to the backhand, although really didnt do last night, at least it didn't look like his typical SO move).

I'm also fine with Clowe being a "Jeff Odgers" 92-94 type player on the 4th line (can score goals, fights, physical)

Just not fine with Clowe being on the 2nd line as the 3rd wheel to the insanely good and exciting Couture-Havlat combo.

What has Havlat done this year? Most of what I have seen is skate 7 feet, try a move, lose the puck, backcheck late behind the play. That is exciting to you?

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
What has Havlat done this year? Most of what I have seen is skate 7 feet, try a move, lose the puck, backcheck late behind the play. That is exciting to you?

His unexciting play has lead him to be tied for fourth in goals. How boring. Also I guess you didn't see the breaks he has been on

Arrch

Apr 11, 2011
The first goal didn't go in off of Murray's leg. It went in off of Niemi's left skate. Watch the replay a couple of times and you'll see it. Pollak even noted that it went in off of Niemi.

Niemi has been struggling with those bad angle shots, but He's still doing damn fine. He's @ 1 even strength GA/G, and that's even counting the one that went in off of Boyle's skate.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
He didn't have a bad game imo. He looked nervous in the 1st but calmed down and made some decent plays.

I was at the game and was surprised to see Petrecki in the lineup. I didn't hear the lineup changes. When I noticed he was out there, I paid close attention. If anyone is going to pick at his game, he didn't commit any gaffs as Irwin and Braun did. I'm not implying that he is better than them but he played the simple game and looked ready to hit and make plays. A nice debut for him in my opinion.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I was at the game and was surprised to see Petrecki in the lineup. I didn't hear the lineup changes. When I noticed he was out there, I paid close attention. If anyone is going to pick at his game, he didn't commit any gaffs as Irwin and Braun did. I'm not implying that he is better than them but he played the simple game and looked ready to hit and make plays. A nice debut for him in my opinion.

Plus it's pretty tough to ask a guy to make a difference his first game in the NHL when the team is playing that badly. They probably should have paired him with Stuart so he could play with someone his first game that wasn't terribad.

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
His unexciting play has lead him to be tied for fourth in goals. How boring. Also I guess you didn't see the breaks he has been on

1 goal? Really? I guess if you put it that way, he is next to last in goals.

He is also "tied" in points with Clowe by the way. Main thing is not trivial stats a few games in but that he has not been playing yet like a strong contributor. He needs to be far more effective.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012

He is also "tied" in points with Clowe by the way. Main thing is not trivial stats a few games in but that he has not been playing yet like a strong contributor. He needs to be far more effective.

2 goals. He looks dangerous to me out there and he was a +5 in corsi last night, which was highest on the team.

EDIT:He was 3rd in Corsi behind Clowe and Couture but was tied for 1st in on ice chance differential.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
CORSI is the best way to determine someones effect on ice. if hes a +5 in CORSI hes probably one of the more dangerous players. shooting percentage likely isnt on his side, and if hes generating chances from clowes stick, his shooting luck is in the basement right now. itll come his way though.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Havlat's been great. No matter who they put him with - Clowe, Couture, Gomez or even Michal freaking Handzus(!), he's out there creating chances.

I would like to see Havlat play with Joe at some point. They were out briefly together during the 1st period and they created a bunch of good chances.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
What softie are you talking about? The bad-angle shot that deflected off of Murray which he had no chance on, or Belesky's wide open shot in the slot, which he didn't have much of a chance on either?

At the tank from my angle it looked like it went right past him on his short side.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
The goal didnt go off of murray, went off of niemi into the net.

He was probably reading a different play, but since the ducks set an illegal pick it threw him off. either way he saved the game later and allowed coutures flukey goal to tie it. niemi has been great this year.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
The goal didnt go off of murray, went off of niemi into the net.

He was probably reading a different play, but since the ducks set an illegal pick it threw him off. either way he saved the game later and allowed coutures flukey goal to tie it. niemi has been great this year.

Exactly. He has been playing fantastic.That kick save on Perry was outstanding.

I only brought it up because it looked extremely flukey from my angle, and he had already given up a real weak one a few games ago. Not a big deal really.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
I would like to see Havlat play with Joe at some point. They were out briefly together during the 1st period and they created a bunch of good chances.

Marleau-Thornton-Havlat
Couture-Gomez-Pavs
Slowe-Handzus-Wingels
Galiardi-Desi-Burish

(Just threw the bottom six together since they're fairly interchangeable)

:dunno:

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
Marleau-Thornton-Havlat
Couture-Gomez-Pavs
Slowe-Handzus-Wingels
Galiardi-Desi-Burish

:dunno:

I'd keep Clowe on the 2nd line just to keep the other lines straight. Your lineup has the most molasses 3rd line this side of Jason Allison

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
I'd keep Clowe on the 2nd line just to keep the other lines straight. Your lineup has the most molasses 3rd line this side of Jason Allison

Yeah that's why I made that comment about the bottom six, was mostly focused on the top two lines. I don't know why I thought to swap Gomez for Clowe, should have done this instead:

Marleau-Joe-Havlat
Clowe-Couture-Pavs
Galiardi-Gomez-Wingels
Handzus-Desi-Burish

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
Yeah that's why I made that comment about the bottom six, was mostly focused on the top two lines. I don't know why I thought to swap Gomez for Clowe, should have done this instead:

Marleau-Joe-Havlat
Clowe-Couture-Pavs
Galiardi-Gomez-Wingels
Handzus-Desi-Burish
I like that, except I'd keep Handzus at C and move Desi to LW

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Did anyone else get a laugh when the camera panned on Getzlaf on the bench during the shootout? I knew he was balding, but he's got the full George Costanza look going on now. :laugh:

McDeez

Feb 8, 2007
San Jose
Did anyone else get a laugh when the camera panned on Getzlaf on the bench during the shootout? I knew he was balding, but he's got the full George Costanza look going on now. :laugh:

I saw that too. Boy is it ugly! Might as well go full bald..

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011

2 goals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad