GDT: Sharks vs Ducks 7:30pm Adventure lineup!

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
I dunno if we were massively outplayed. Seemed pretty even to me.

Yeah it was about even. Though, the Sharks did bring a prius to a tank fight. Can't trust this team in a real battle or a tank battle.
But Anaheim knows how to tank in style. They had nice execution for a total of about 20 min, had some fun, then called it a road trip, smiles all around.

Reactions: Alwalys

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Breakout was basically non-existent that game. I'm not sure if that's because Karlsson wasnt playing or because the ducks were holding the line, but it seemed like 9/10 breakouts were just chips out of the zone.

I had a slightly different quandary. I wasn't sure if Boughner intentionally let the younger players open it up in the neutral zone or if Anaheim just didn't bother playing defense.

tahoesharksfan

Old Fart
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
I forget, are we cheering for the New Amsterdam or the Tahoe Blue Vodka?

You got to give the Sharks' org credit for at least knowing their market audience. Anyone who follows this team HAS to be a drinker...

Reactions: ISharkted

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
SNOG announcement

Sharks got a win! Too bad we don't have a SN... wait, we do?

Congrats on your first career SNOG! Got two of the Sharks' goalscorers to boot (and we know Ferraro got both of the Ducks' goals anyway). Now get one more and you'll not only be in sole possession of the SNOG season lead, but also earn that coveted bonus avatar pack from Nem.
That... is hilarious. :laugh:
Damn forgot to snog goalscorers
I would be honored to share the spoils with you buddy!

Reactions: Alwalys

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Mark it down... This is the beginning of the rally on this dog turd of a season! :laugh:

...Ok, maybe not, but that's a lot more like what I expected out of the team this season.
Clearly EK65 is the problem.:sarcasm: That's about as desperate as I've seen the team play. More of that please. All you guys saying they got outplayed in this game, you're clearly high. :laugh: They were the better team thru out and they dominated the 2nd period for a change. Nice of them to try playing well in the 2nd for once. I thought all 4 lines looked pretty good. Meier and Hertl were both on their game. Once the 2 new D got their bearing later in the 1st I liked their physical play along with Knyzhov out muscling dudes. Shit even Vlasic looked half competent most of the game. Wonders never cease. Kane, Couture and Labanc showed some nice chemistry on a number of plays. The offense looked completely different from most games this season. They played fast and chipped and chased a lot more. They skated hard in all 3 zones and when there were breakdowns, that Jones guy actually got in the way of the puck. With any amount of good luck at all Jones should have had a shutout. From my perspective that's 2 games in a row that he hasn't given up a goal he should have stopped. If this guy shows up more often and this effort from the skaters shows up I like their chances of actually full-filling my prediction. Sharks are right there within striking distance of that 4th playoff spot. Yes, yes, so is every other team in the division. Point being that they are keeping up as of now and showing signs of getting their game in order. ;)

Last edited:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Next 9 games: 4 against Blues, 3 against Vegas, 2 against Avs.

Better enjoy this win folks because it's gonna be ugly the next 2-3 weeks.
Yup, plan on enjoying it! I think the Blues are a team they match up well against this season for whatever reason. The first 2 games the Sharks could have won both. Gotta just throw the Avs ones out, those are gonna be ugly unless someone sacrifices a chicken. Vegas should be losses but we'll have to see who shows up for both teams. Sharks won the 5 on 5 against Vegas last game. Going to be interesting to see how much last change comes into play in the home games.

EDIT: Actually looks like they're adding a Minn game on the 22nd (?) so a little reprieve... Oh wait, I forgot they're "vastly superior" so I guess that's just another guaranteed loss. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
tenor.gif

This gif is silly now that the post quoted has been edited. :facepalm:

Hahahahaaaa, I wish it wasn't edited. That is CLASSIC

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm really trying to not be that guy who roots for a tank for a good draft pick but it is hard to fight the urge.

Happy for Leonard

I wouldn't worry too much about it. This draft isn't important to tank for and they're likely to get there even if they win a game here and there. I don't mind winning or losing this season. I'm just looking at progression for players. It's the how and why they win or lose that can bug me. How they lost to Vegas was atrocious. I'm glad they came out with a little more sharpness in their game but the Ducks aren't a good team either so take it with a grain of salt. They will certainly get tested these next nine games.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Not to say EK is 100% dragging us down, but his advanced stats are horrendous. Defensively he is a lot worse than most of our guys, and hes not getting points like he can either.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I usually think Kurz is full of hot garbage, but his tweet re: Boughner's praise of Labanc actually made a lot of sense. Seems like Labanc has really rounded out his game more this year. Scoring is not coming in droves, but his usage is a total 180 from prior seasons while his underlying numbers continue to get better. Starting only 40.6% of his shifts in the offensive zone, yet his CFrel FFrel are both higher than even his lofty numbers from 2019-20 and he's still a positive xGF player. If he keeps playing like this, the points will come and that contract won't look so puzzling.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I usually think Kurz is full of hot garbage, but his tweet re: Boughner's praise of Labanc actually made a lot of sense. Seems like Labanc has really rounded out his game more this year. Scoring is not coming in droves, but his usage is a total 180 from prior seasons while his underlying numbers continue to get better. Starting only 40.6% of his shifts in the offensive zone, yet his CFrel FFrel are both higher than even his lofty numbers from 2019-20 and he's still a positive xGF player. If he keeps playing like this, the points will come and that contract won't look so puzzling.

Kurz is a great story teller, its just some of his hockey takes that are bad. When he is summarizing other's opinions through the lens of a story, such as this article, he is great.

I've noticed Labanc be significantly more engaged with the play over previous years. He seems to be coasting less and making smarter decisions with the puck. Points would be nice, but i wouldn't highlight him as a problem this year like i would for other players not putting up points

Reactions: NiWa and seroes

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
I wouldn't worry too much about it. This draft isn't important to tank for and they're likely to get there even if they win a game here and there. I don't mind winning or losing this season. I'm just looking at progression for players. It's the how and why they win or lose that can bug me. How they lost to Vegas was atrocious. I'm glad they came out with a little more sharpness in their game but the Ducks aren't a good team either so take it with a grain of salt. They will certainly get tested these next nine games.

This is a good philosophy. Thank you!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Kurz is a great story teller, its just some of his hockey takes that are bad. When he is summarizing other's opinions through the lens of a story, such as this article, he is great.

I've noticed Labanc be significantly more engaged with the play over previous years. He seems to be coasting less and making smarter decisions with the puck. Points would be nice, but i wouldn't highlight him as a problem this year like i would for other players not putting up points
He's definitely playing to the level you would expect of his contract. Just kinda unfortunate that that level is like complementary top 6 player when we need a higher end play driver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad