GDT: Sharks vs Ducks 7:30pm Adventure lineup!

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Why the hell was he still even on your roster?
In a 14 team keep 5 league, with people taking 2 or 3 goaltenders each, that's 28 to 40 goalies. You need to make 3 starts minimum a week or you forfeit the goalie categories.

This year some people stockpiled 4 or 5 goalies due to COVID. As a result, their Value is through the roof if you have a good goalie.

I managed to get a trade that got me Samsonov, Kaprizov and Konecny and his 13th pick for Jones, Kyle Connor and Pacioretti and my 5th pick. I have not completely thrown in the towel on the year, but I am close. Connor isn't as valuable as I thought in a league that counts hits and blocks anyways and Pacioretty is 32 going on 33.

Both Skaters i got have been ice cold due to COVID postponed games, but they are solid and I think I made out good considering my goalies were Holtby, jones/Dubnyk and Murray. I was getting creamed every week. Samsonov at least is a full starter instead of a platoon goalie and the caps are still a strong team for a few more years. The funny thing is, I still have Dubnyk lol.

My other league, also a keep 5 with 14 teams, I have Hellebuyck, Fleury and Lehner so i have been murdering goalie categories there. Even better, that league 40% of the stats are goaltending. I had a bad week where the guy outscored me by double in G, A, P and PPP, but I still won the week 7-6 with goalie categories and Faceoff wins and PIM's.

Either way, every time I have had jones over the last 5 years, he had sucky sieve streaks. Every time I traded him, he improved. Call me superstitious but lol.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Why the hell did someone trade for him??
Something like half his team is out on PPD so offering active strong skaters like Connor and Pacioretti for cold COVID PPD players like Kaprizov and Konecny was a blessing to him. He had 6 goalies on his roster, 1 on IR. Bishop. The others, Georgiev, Lankinen, Elliott, Smith

Samsonov let in 5 goals in an AHL game coming back from COVID. it seemed like a good buy low opportunity. it worked.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Not sure if it was this game or what we've been doing all season but I thought our forecheck was really passive. Seemed like our forecheckers just front the puck carrier and otherwise give them like 5-10 ft of space. I would prefer that they were more aggressive and actually hounded the puck carrier more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad