GDT: SHARKS @ VEGAS 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Imagine Dell starting with Korenar as backup, that'd certainly send a message to Jones. He's just completely lost focus
Only problem is, he's not the only one who'd get that message. If you tell your starter he's crap in the middle of a playoff series, it's as good as giving up. I know he's been playing like crap, but at this point, he's the horse we rode in on and we just have to make the best of it.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Throw korenar into the fire and see what happens. God knows Jones can’t even hold his angles anymore.

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
Worried about the game tonight. Can't let the Knights get off to a hot start. If the the Sharks can get a goal or two in the first 10 minutes of the game and Jones plays decent, I might feel better. I just remember last year you rile up that crowd and it's like snowball effect of negative emotions for the visiting team.
So the lessons from the first two games - do NOT try razzle dazzle dipsy doodle attacks out of the gate. When their timing is off they give lots of chances to the other team. DO focus on finishing checks heavy and hard, esp. for the first period. That made such a huge difference in the first game. Gets LV back on their heels a bit and creates more room for the razzle dazzle passes and rushes, so then the scoring chances come. LV will be looking for the hits so will try to counter with quick passes. SJ be ready to intercept those. Don’t let Burns shoot from the point 5 on 5. Much more likely to result in an LV scoring chance than an SJ chance.

Last edited:

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
winning fixes everything.

pRofe.jpg

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
I'm sort of optimistic. Sharks have been dominant 5 on 5 and I refuse to believe that Jones is actually this bad. A PP goal would be fun too.

Reactions: Sysreq

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
If we let in a goal within the first 5 minutes it's time to play Korenar game 4.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Some good things to focus on that will bring good mojo:

-last year, every goal Sharks scored against Vegas seemed... hard to get. Vegas would score on a whim, Sharks would take 400000 shots and finally get one. This year, it feels like the opposite (aside for the first ten mins of game 2).

-scoring 3 goals to tie it in the first should give the Sharks confidence that they’re never out of it and Fleury isn’t a god. This is important.

-I think the Sharks are a better team, unlike last year.

-The boys should be mad today - that call on couture lost them the game. I think they’ll play mad.

Go, Sharks, go.

Reactions: Phu

McDeez

Feb 8, 2007
San Jose
I'm betting Sharks feed off the energy and hold Vegas off the board in the 1st. Sharks win 4-2 with a 3 goal 2nd period.

Sharks: EK65, Sorenson, Pavs, Kane.

Vegas: Don't, Care.

bdave

Apr 13, 2007
I'm sort of optimistic. Sharks have been dominant 5 on 5 and I refuse to believe that Jones is actually this bad. A PP goal would be fun too.

Really? I'm thinking it's going to be another blowout. I hope I'm wrong and your right! Lol

Lateralis

Jun 8, 2011
LivaMO
Unfortunately what we saw in game 1 was the fluke. Jones will be back in net and he will again cough up a super early goal, within the first 2 minutes.

Snog 5-3 Vegas.
Burns, pavs, Sorenson
Stone x 2, March x2, karlson

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I honestly think if they get out of the first 5 minutes without allowing a goal they will be fine. It’s happened so often it has to be in Jones head

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
It was a weird decision by the league to wait two days before starting overtime but I'm pumped to see who pulls off this Game 2 win

Reactions: drunksage

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Along with Jones, lets hope our defense starts the game off awake, lets not have 3 players screening our goalie, and none defending the shooter again like last games first goal. That'd be great

SharksFan17

Apr 17, 2017
I'm still confident the sharks can out play this Vegas team.

Got to prevent the high turnovers as pretty much all of Vegas' goals so far have come off the transition. I'm sure that was drilled into them since the Sharks have been cycling all over Vegas. If the shot from the point is not there just get it low and grind them down. Hard to get breakaways from their own goal line.

Little worried on the depth on D though. I doubt DeBore will give much time to Heed and Ryan so the rest of the guys will be close to 30min which will especially be brutal since Karlsson's not 100% yet. Forwards will have to help out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark