Confirmed with Link: Sharks trade for Tye McGinn

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
I'm imagining the guys over at guiness

BRILLIANT!!!

honestly, what the heck is the plan here? DW MUST have a plan, he doesn't take a dump without having a plan... so what is it?

I wonder if hes about to dump some salary (pavs?) and make a splash.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
Okay, but if T McGinn signed an offer sheet, and Flyers do not or cannot match, doesn't that mean we can't sign any other RFA's to offer sheets? Doesn't that mean that we gave up the chance to sign Krug just to acquire Tye McGinn?? (or did that change with the last CBA? For YEARS people have said here you can only end up with one nonmatched RFA acquisition, i.e., you can offer sheet and they match to your hearts content, but once one signs and other team doesn't match, you're done signing RFAs from other teams).

1. McGinn was a trade, not an offer sheet.

2. There is no one offer sheet per team limit - you are just limited by the availability of your own draft picks (ie you could do one offer sheet for a 2nd and one for a 1st + a 3rd).

The Sharks have their 2015 1st and 2nd. Since they traded their 3rd, they would be limited in what ranges of RFA Offer Sheets they could tender.

From @Mirtle:
BreLt9GCEAAdWc4.png

The Sharks can now only do an offer sheet for a 2nd ($1,682,194 - $3,364,391) or 4 1sts ($8,410,796+).

3. Krug is not eligible to sign an RFA offer sheet - see the main board Boston's Cap Penalty thread.

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
That will likely never be on the ice at the same time lol

Your point? If someone takes a cheap shot on Hertl or Couture. Etc. Throw Scott and McGinn out to throw some cinder blocks on who ever does it and I think McGinn has something to bring to the table

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Your point? If someone takes a cheap shot on Hertl or Couture. Etc. Throw Scott and McGinn out to throw some cinder blocks on who ever does it and I think McGinn has something to bring to the table

And take an instigator...

What you just described never happens or I would agree with you

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I like this move actually, Ive always thought of Tye as being the next Raffi Torres.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I was hoping the Sharks would take him in the draft way back when, I like this move. If anything its good depth.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
I like McGinn. I suspect he may end up being the Sharks best fourth liner and possibly make it to the Sharks third line. He seems like he could be a bit more skilled then Desi. Also the Sharks are weak at the wing. So I applaud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad