Confirmed with Link: Sharks to open season on the road in LA

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
You're taking this waaaaaay too seriously. :shakehead

:laugh:

Yeah, the real problems and issues worth getting bent over and debating to death are luck, tanking, and Joe/Patty vs (players that CAN'T be built around).

Sorry, i think this team has had TEAM issues for a long time. They don't play hard enough for one another.

A group of players on the team raising that same concern is huge. You can choose to look at it however you please.

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
Title needs to change. Sharks open ON THE ROAD in LA. Home opener is 10/11 against Winnipeg.

Sharks also help the Devils with their home opener 10/18.
It says Kings to host Sharks, not Sharks to host Kings. I'll change it though with this being the Sharks board.

Last edited:

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Good. The players deserve to watch that banner get raised to the rafters... anyone who looks away should be traded immediately.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Yeah, the real problems and issues worth getting bent over and debating to death are luck, tanking, and Joe/Patty vs (players that CAN'T be built around).

Sorry, i think this team has had TEAM issues for a long time. They don't play hard enough for one another.

A group of players on the team raising that same concern is huge. You can choose to look at it however you please.

The real problems and issues are the talent level on this team. The real problem is puck-movement. The real problem is goaltending. Not some narrative about how certain players didn't want it enough.

You're just buying what DW is selling.

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
The real problems and issues are the talent level on this team. The real problem is puck-movement. The real problem is goaltending. Not some narrative about how certain players didn't want it enough.

I agree with all those real issues.

......but those are never discussed for long on this forum before it trails into (player) SUCKS! (player) IS BETTER!.

There dat narrative again. ;)

The narrative is that the players didn't believe in their dedication to one another. Go tell the players their "narrative" is BS.

Are you saying DW was lying? I'm sorry, you're much smarter than i am. I always let the used car salesman sell me a Pinto at Porsche price....

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
When the A's or Giants win the ws this year, they better host the Dodgers.

It's not. The MLB doesn't want more black eye's from fans getting into fights.

Hope the NHL is ready if a Sharks/Kings fan goes overboard.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Good. Let them feel the pain and embarrassment.

If this team stays in tact, I will give them no sympathy. DW will see a fan base that gets more and more pissed off with any mediocre game.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
:facepalm: The team we were 3-0 up against but either A) didn't have the big kahuna or the cojones to finish off in four tries (er, half-tries); or B) were beaten four games ina row by a better team. In either case, things have to change in the offseason!

That's the good thing. It will be an early test of whether the Sharks are poised to be contenders or fodder for a divisional rival. Beat L.A. and the road to the 2015 Stanley Cup will start with a bang! :yo:

Last edited:

Irbes Mask

Like Wall
Jun 15, 2013
California

I don't think you can ignore the issues that may be going on or have gone on in the past in the locker room. We don't know what they are, but I don't believe you can ignore the strong possibility that they are there.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
it's going to be their fate whether they stick together or not, regardless of the group think here that JT has to go or it's not a real rebuild.

You could tank into a rebuild with Joe and Marleau with some really ****** coaching. IE Tortorella mismanagement in Vancouver.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

And that's just enough on the other 18 players as it is on Thornton/Marleau, if it is the case.

Although I don't think it is, at all. I think [mod] they play their hardest every game, just aren't good enough. And that'll become an even bigger issue quite quickly if we get rid of JT and Marleau and hand the reigns over to Couture and Pavelski.

Last edited by a moderator:

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
And that's just enough on the other 18 players as it is on Thornton/Marleau, if it is the case.

100% AGREE........................................................................... never said otherwise .........................

Although I don't think it is, at all. I think you're totally full of **** and they play their hardest every game, just aren't good enough. And that'll become an even bigger issue quite quickly if we get rid of JT and Marleau and hand the reigns over to Couture and Pavelski.

Bro, you need to stop replying to my posts with such trolling ********...

I'm full of ****?

It's out of the players and DW's own mouths...

So go fill yourself with that! :p:

And quit it with every response having JT and PM involved, and trying to pull me into your player vs player crusade! I never even brought them up.....

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
100% AGREE........................................................................... never said otherwise .........................

Bro, you need to stop replying to my posts with such trolling ********...

I'm full of ****?

It's out of the players and DW's own mouths...

So go fill yourself with that! :p:

And quit it with every response having JT and PM involved, and trying to pull me into your player vs player crusade! I never even brought them up.....

I'm sorry but these comments regarding team vs players playing for themselves is, IMO, far over done, and it's only coming out now because the team lost. Players like Carter and Richards are now considered "team guys" after winning the cup, despite the fact that in Philadelphia, people considered them to be selfish drunk idiots and losers. There are no issues with the team culture and if Wilson has identified that there are (and wasn't just saying that to say something), then he should step down immediately because he has acquired every player on this team except for one and he has had a decade of opportunity to trade that player now.

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
I'm sorry but these comments regarding team vs players playing for themselves is, IMO, far over done, and it's only coming out now because the team lost. Players like Carter and Richards are now considered "team guys" after winning the cup, despite the fact that in Philadelphia, people considered them to be selfish drunk idiots and losers. There are no issues with the team culture and if Wilson has identified that there are (and wasn't just saying that to say something), then he should step down immediately because he has acquired every player on this team except for one and he has had a decade of opportunity to trade that player now.

Right.... So what you meant was DW is "full of ****".

Sure, ill take that as a retraction...

Continue spouting the polar opposite of DW's (Sharks players) "narrative".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad