Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign Matt Nieto 1 year 700k

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Have a whole in-arena rave presentation when he scores. The house lights go out, a black light turns on, there's a laser show projected down from the rafters. Maybe have a giant bubble cannon that sprays a stream of soap bubbles into the air. Hand out glowsticks for the crowd to wave. Go nuts. Maybe get Jon Root back just so he can wiggle around like an idiot on the jumbotron. he seems like the type that would be perfect for it.

Lord knows the team probably isn't going to be super exciting in how they play, so they might as well give us a show with all the off-ice stuff.

Would be less cringe than the Vegas pregame shows

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Small tangent: As I was scanning google for some Nieto images I found something fun:

Does Matt Nieto have the single worst autograph in the history of... ever?

88836-9767357Fr.jpg

This is not a joke or a mistake. There are multiple examples of that being his signature. But it's so bad that he can't even consistently do that.

Also for whatever it's worth it looks like somewhere along the way someone must've told him to get his act together or something, because it looks like stuff he signed while a member of the Avs has a much more sensible signature that actually looks like his name and has a #83

main_1553095503-Matt-Nieto-Signed-Colorado-Avalanche-Jersey-Beckett-COA-PristineAuction.com.jpg

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Can someone inform me on where this hockey player was born?

It rhymes with Bong Leech.

I like this signing...he's a good PKer, fast, and solid defensively. Nieto should be a 4th line forward, but he'll be fine on the 3rd on a bad team. The Sharks are gonna suck anyway, so I'm happy to have him back.

Reactions: Sandisfan

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
We already have the 3rd member of the bay watch line.

Nieto - Chmelevski - McGrew

Jake McGrew was our 6th round pick in 2017 and will probably be with the Cuda this year.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
We will have all the 3rd/4th line forwards in the league!! No one will stop us!

at this point is the plan to just put multiple players into oversized jerseys and hope?
brb rolling 5 lines, ek65 burns and vlasic on D, and 2 goalies every game

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Small tangent: As I was scanning google for some Nieto images I found something fun:

Does Matt Nieto have the single worst autograph in the history of... ever?

88836-9767357Fr.jpg

This is not a joke or a mistake. There are multiple examples of that being his signature. But it's so bad that he can't even consistently do that.

Also for whatever it's worth it looks like somewhere along the way someone must've told him to get his act together or something, because it looks like stuff he signed while a member of the Avs has a much more sensible signature that actually looks like his name and has a #83

main_1553095503-Matt-Nieto-Signed-Colorado-Avalanche-Jersey-Beckett-COA-PristineAuction.com.jpg
This is a pretty awful signature.

It's funny, I always wondered how so many athletes had such nice signatures and were able to so consistently write it the same way, whether it was a good signature or not.

Last year, I lived with former Washington Huskies QB Jake Browning for 3 months while he prepared for the NFL Draft in Huntington Beach. One day I came home and there was a heavy package for him. It was just sheets of tiny stickers for him to autograph that was sent by his agent. Each signature was apparently going to be stuck onto a trading card or helmet, or some other piece of memorabilia and they'd each be worth about $2 to him. Sure enough, almost every single signature he did looked exactly the same.

Just thought that was interesting and explained to me how most athletes, not Matt Nieto though apparently, are able to perfect their signatures.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
This is a pretty awful signature.

It's funny, I always wondered how so many athletes had such nice signatures and were able to so consistently write it the same way, whether it was a good signature or not.

Last year, I lived with former Washington Huskies QB Jake Browning for 3 months while he prepared for the NFL Draft in Huntington Beach. One day I came home and there was a heavy package for him. It was just sheets of tiny stickers for him to autograph that was sent by his agent. Each signature was apparently going to be stuck onto a trading card or helmet, or some other piece of memorabilia and they'd each be worth about $2 to him. Sure enough, almost every single signature he did looked exactly the same.

Just thought that was interesting and explained to me how most athletes, not Matt Nieto though apparently, are able to perfect their signatures.

When I was a kid, I used to be obsessed with trying to perfect my signature, so I just looked at a whole bunch of athletes' sigs from baseball to NASCAR trying to nail mine down.

I can safely say that my signature in 2nd grade was better than Matt Nieto's

DrSteveBrule

cool guy
Jul 2, 2019
I just completely changed my signature at the age of 30 after sticking with the same thing since high school. Feel like a new person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad