Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign Matt Nieto 1 year 700k

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Long beach Long Beach Long Beach Long beach Long Beach Long Beach Long beach Long Beach Long Beach. AM I RIGHT? haha here we go

Reactions: BigDmitriy

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't think he was very good last year which is concerning but he's been solid historically and he's still pretty young

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Not sure why Nieto was needed but okay. We're likely to put a couple guys on waivers to send them down at this rate since I struggle to see where they will get someone to take Sorensen off our hands.

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Good signing, glad to have him back! 700k cap hit is great bargain for him. Next question is how will the 3rd and 4th line look like?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Good signing, glad to have him back! 700k cap hit is great bargain for him. Next question is how will the 3rd and 4th line look like?

Pretty sure this is DW's way of hedging bets. Young kids get the shot. Nieto/Noesen/Marleau are there in case they all fail. This is especially true on the right side. Other than Labanc and either Meier or Donato playing the right side, we have nobody really lining up that 3rd line RW spot. Noesen and Nieto are probably who will fill that spot based on who's playing the best at any given time if none of the kids take it.

Reactions: themelkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad