Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign Goodrow to 2 year extension 925k AAV

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yeah, I’m very glad about this. Goodrow is a great 4th liner and a jack of all trades. He would do much better if they stopped forcing him to play center.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Good deal. Something that was going to be done at some point. Not expecting it anytime soon but I'd like to see them ink deals with Meier, Labanc, and Ryan just to get a better idea of what we're working with moving forward. lol

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Yeah, I’m very glad about this. Goodrow is a great 4th liner and a jack of all trades. He would do much better if they stopped forcing him to play center.

As a winger, I think he was imagined as a speedy, up-and-down crash-and-bang guy, but I don't think he has the speed for that. He also doesn't really have the skills to be a finesse winger. After that, his size and his defensive acumen make him an ideal center.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
As a winger, I think he was imagined as a speedy, up-and-down crash-and-bang guy, but I don't think he has the speed for that. He also doesn't really have the skills to be a finesse winger. After that, his size and his defensive acumen make him an ideal center.

Perhaps, but his actual performance as a center leaves much to be desired. Meanwhile, his actual performance as a winger has been satisfactory.

A winger does not have to score 100 points. Last season, Goodrow was 7th on the Sharks in 5V5 P/60. That’s perfectly adequate for a 4th line winger who is as strong defensively as he is.

He can play a Hertl type role on the 4th line, taking the majority of faceoffs, and play his physical brand of hockey next to a more skilled, shifty, and elusive natural center, such as Rourke Chartier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad