Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign G James Reimer, 2 years @ $2.25m

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Glad this team (and others) now understands that starting your goalie 65 times a year probably isn’t a great idea for longevity.

Same with running backs in football.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
Reimer was a good fit last time, so I cannot argue with Wilson targeting him. Two years at less than 2.25mil is decent value. My worry is that both are goalies going into next season both look like 1Bs, but I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: themelkman

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I think the expectation is that they're going to give Hill as much run as they can to prove he can step up and be an NHL starter. He's sort of the 1A by expectation/developmental hope and Reimer is the 1B to reinforce that.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Excellent addition. DW is making a lot of good depth moves, so our bottom-6 and goalies look way better already. Problem is we're still lacking top end talent...if they land a guy like Eichel though, then it'll be a lot more legit.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I think I mentioned back on Reimer's last season in teal, that I would rather keep him over Jones. That would have kept DW from making one of his worse contract signings, and the fans from the ugliest performance slide I've ever since for a goaltender in teal.

Look at it this way. Niemi never turned in a season below .900 in teal. I'm not saying how great Niemi was, just how poor Jones became.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
It also comes with a limited no trade clause. And since we all know wilsons favorite type of those, it will be a 3 team no trade clause.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I think I mentioned back on Reimer's last season in teal, that I would rather keep him over Jones. That would have kept DW from making one of his worse contract signings, and the fans from the ugliest performance slide I've ever since for a goaltender in teal.

Look at it this way. Niemi never turned in a season below .900 in teal. I'm not saying how great Niemi was, just how poor Jones became.
Jones had 2 years left and we were already against the cap. Jones was also younger and coming off a SCF run where he was the best player on the team. This revisionist history is dumb as we could not afford Reimer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad