Prospect Info: Sharks Select William Eklund at 7th Overall *Update* returned to Djurgarden

NiWa

Nov 27, 2003
Ireland
I think the Sharks are best-served letting Eklund play another year in Sweden. We aren’t competing next season anyway, let Eklund, Bordeleau, and Weisblatt break in in 2022.
Agreed. We also don't want to start the clock on his ELC yet. With the cap space challenges we are going to have, better to let him mature another season.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
I’m total unprepared for our front office to do something so positive. Someone please tell me how I’m supposed to feel…

To bring you down, Eklund is the best pick for their system - meaning the system now has no reason to change. Dump - high - pass - point shot - tip? You betcha. A checking line that can't check? Say no more. A statistically great defense that somehow can't defend the slot? Praise Wilson. ;)

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
To bring you down, Eklund is the best pick for their system - meaning the system now has no reason to change. Dump - high - pass - point shot - tip? You betcha. A checking line that can't check? Say no more. A statistically great defense that somehow can't defend the slot? Praise Wilson. ;)

Oh sure, ruin my 5 minutes of joy...:DD

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Bordeleau is a solid prospect, but ideally, he's someone who is 3-5 on your depth chart. Eklund is someone you are happy to have as your #1...

For the record, we have to wait for the results. By all accounts, this was an incredibly obvious pick, so it is hard to credit the scouting staff too much...it takes nothing special to not trip over yourself.

If this team has taught us anything, it’s that there is no “obvious” first round pick. I was sweating it right up until the announcement, lol.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Bordeleau, Weisblatt, Guschin, and now Eklund seems like that could exponentially speed up the reset, especially if we get Wright/Bedard next year.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad