Recalled/Assigned: Sharks roster moves 2021-22: 4/17 Hatakka recalled

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Where has Dzingel been? Doesn't seem like he has any AHL stats for the Cuda so I'm guessing he hasn't been playing Cuda games?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
We've been talking pretty regularly now about who we even want back from this Barracuda team while we watch games lately. On that list: Pederson (provided he clears waivers) and Halbgewachs. That's about it. Blichfeld has taken a big step back in a lot of ways and McGrew is pretty replaceable.

If you need to open up more roster space, there's Ibragimov and Hamaliuk. Ibragimov has already been sent to the ECHL and Hamaliuk can just be a regular healthy scratch (he basically already is right now). Neither of them IMO should be taken into account when we're talking about AHL roster spots.

Gallant and Morand also fall under the category of "They could be back, but if they're not, whatever."

I also want Weinger back, again.
I think they have enough flexibility with contracts to not have to worry about opening up lineup spots on the Barracuda. I don't see anyone with an expiring RFA deal that should be qualified at this point. I think they've called up anyone worth a damn at this stage. lol

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I think they have enough flexibility with contracts to not have to worry about opening up lineup spots on the Barracuda. I don't see anyone with an expiring RFA deal that should be qualified at this point. I think they've called up anyone worth a damn at this stage. lol

Yeah, in this case I mean the Barracuda would be well served to stop bringing back guys like Topping and Hrabik (even without the racism stuff, that guy was useless) and try to surround the rookies with some veterans and talent who can actually play at the AHL level, like he mentioned. I don't really want to see Robins out there with Steenn Pasichnuk on his wing or something.

None of the pending RFAs are anyone they need to qualify, though, no. Maybe Brinson Pasichnuk, since he looks good when he does play, but those health issues are a concern.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Youth difference as well. Now that we've been eliminated . I anticipate we're gonna see Bordeleau before the season's out anyways.
Wouldn't he need a contract first? Not that caphit will be a huge issue for the Sharks given their current non-contending status, but he wouldn't qualify for an ELC slide either so it'd seem like a waste to burn a year for like 5 NHL games at the end of the season.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Wouldn't he need a contract first? Not that caphit will be a huge issue for the Sharks given their current non-contending status, but he wouldn't qualify for an ELC slide either so it'd seem like a waste to burn a year for like 5 NHL games at the end of the season.
He would need a contract. Them signing him to an ATO makes it seem like he won't get in Sharks games this season.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
As an uneducated observer what are the Sharks plans for goal next year? I'd assume they're going to move on from one of Reimer or Hill as they have 3 non-waiver exempt goalies?

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
As an uneducated observer what are the Sharks plans for goal next year? I'd assume they're going to move on from one of Reimer or Hill as they have 3 non-waiver exempt goalies?
Probably keep Reimer and Kahkonen and trade Hill.

Strauss Mann and either Zach Sawchenko or Magnus Chrona hold down the spots in the AHL, with Zacharie Emond in the ECHL. Ben Gaudreau in the OHL, then moving up to the AHL.

Sawchenko likely isn't an NHL goaltender, but he's adequate in the AHL (poor numbers this year probably indicate how utterly awful the Barracuda were defensively more than they indicate his own talent) and might be the first goalie called up when necessary. I don't think we have a good sense of Mann or Chrona yet. Emond is bad.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Probably keep Reimer and Kahkonen and trade Hill.

Strauss Mann and either Zach Sawchenko or Magnus Chrona hold down the spots in the AHL, with Zacharie Emond in the ECHL. Ben Gaudreau in the OHL, then moving up to the AHL.

Sawchenko likely isn't an NHL goaltender, but he's adequate in the AHL (poor numbers this year probably indicate how utterly awful the Barracuda were defensively more than they indicate his own talent) and might be the first goalie called up when necessary. I don't think we have a good sense of Mann or Chrona yet. Emond is bad.
This only happens if Doug Wilson gets hired somewhere else.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
This only happens if Doug Wilson gets hired somewhere else.
Someone will be willing to buy a below-average, youngish goaltender with one year on his relatively cheap deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad