Recalled/Assigned: Sharks roster moves 2019-20: 3/7 Knyzhov and DeSimone recalled

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
100% agree and think that he is the right guy to call up. Just curious to see how he does. Would really like him to show an ability to stick around as I would love to have his size/speed combo on the 4th line going into next year. A 4th line of Gregor-True-Bergmann would be a nice look (assuming True can keep up with those speedier wingers). Fits the modern game of size/speed/physical play blended with some skill as well.

I am probably in the minority but the kids have given me enough confidence this season that I am fine moving on from Jumbo and Patty and icing them there. Still need to focus on getting top-6 players but would be nice to use the likes of Gregor, True, etc. in the bottom-6.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I am probably in the minority but the kids have given me enough confidence this season that I am fine moving on from Jumbo and Patty and icing them there. Still need to focus on getting top-6 players but would be nice to use the likes of Gregor, True, etc. in the bottom-6.
I would rather bring back Jumbo and Patty but I am not worried about the bottom six either way.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I think Marleau holds more value than Thornton when it comes to next year's team as far as a fit in how they want to play on the wing, but Thornton is a center and we don't have anyone in the system that profiles as an NHL level 3C going into next season.

My main goal from the kids is to see if there is enough quantity there to pull off a quantity for quality type move with a cap strapped team in the offseason. Can you turn a package of Gambrell/Blichfeld+ into a top 9 RW? There are too many bodies that profile as bottom 6 players that are not ready to be full timers on a playoff team. Like to move some of that quantity and address one of the two RW spots in addition to goalie.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Man. I would love to see Chmelevski get a few games before the end of the season.

If he doesn't then he should not be pencilled into any ones roster for next season.

Or wilson once again plans on playing russian roulette with the rookies taking the spots on the roster.

Reactions: Hobocop

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
If he doesn't then he should not be pencilled into any ones roster for next season.

Or wilson once again plans on playing russian roulette with the rookies taking the spots on the roster.

I'd take it further and say I wouldn't pencil anyone who has, or will be been called up from the Barracuda into next season's lineup either, with the exception of Gregor.

Kellman and True have both been decent but IMO their ideal spot is the same position (4C).

Hula17

Feb 27, 2020
Jayden halbgewachs deserve a call up, not Bergmann or sasha. For a lost season, reward Jayden. He is the most dominant and noticeable player for the cuda

Reactions: The Ice Hockey Dude

Hula17

Feb 27, 2020
Sasha is not ready, if u actually watch him play. Need to improve his skating strive and get stronger. He is talented, tremendous stick handle and Vision. Need to play with more pace. No prospect is going to help us next year as well. Sorry to says.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Sasha is not ready, if u actually watch him play. Need to improve his skating strive and get stronger. He is talented, tremendous stick handle and Vision. Need to play with more pace. No prospect is going to help us next year as well. Sorry to says.
No prospect is coming for the top six yes, but I could see young guys easily playing bottom six next year with no issue

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Well, he played. Not many minutes for sure and i caught a couple of mistakes for sure. Overall
not real bad or real good. He looks to be quick/faster as a skater.
Thats weird to me because he was not that in Preseason, he was slow and lost all over the place. Maybe just needed adapting to north america though, cause clearly Igor Jr saw something in him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad