Recalled/Assigned: Sharks roster moves 2019-20: 3/7 Knyzhov and DeSimone recalled

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
So he is useless and the team is trying to figure out a way to salvage a wasted pick?

I mean it feels more like "We have no forwards left since they've all been called up and we're not really using Roy much. Let's just throw him out there and see what happens."

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I mean it feels more like "We have no forwards left since they've all been called up and we're not really using Roy much. Let's just throw him out there and see what happens."

Well you don't really do that to someone that is usefull at the position that he was drafted in especially when just a few years ago he was seen as the sharks best defensive prospect.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Well you don't really do that to someone that is usefull at the position that he was drafted in especially when just a few years ago he was seen as the sharks best defensive prospect.

Well yeah, obviously.

I'm just saying it doesn't seem like they're trying to salvage him, he was just basically the only guy sitting around doing nothing here.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
In regards to Roy this is what I've read - Cuda were thin on forwards, and have a lot of D on the roster. Roy was in and out on a rotation - not playing bad but not really impressing to be a staple Dman. Pushed him forward as he had the better characteristics to move there of the fringe Dmen.

Reactions: Sandisfan

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
So he is useless and the team is trying to figure out a way to salvage a wasted pick?
Except on a garbage team he’s managed to consistently be a + player all season. Feels like more of a bunch of unqualified idiots running the Cuda ship than anything. Not sure there’s a less qualified coaching staff at any level of professional hockey than the gong show behind the bench of the Cuda.

Reactions: Patty Ice

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Might be better suited for the prospect or Barracuda thread, but was reading this article too. I agree with just about all of it. This is a really good read for anyone who hasn't been paying attention to the Barracuda.

Only surprised these scouts are so down on Meloche and Gambrell. I've liked some of what I've seen from Meloche, and he's definitely not below-AHL caliber like one of these guys is saying.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
DW is a salesman. He knows he's going to have to convince some other GM to buy his word over scouts and that's why he's always pimping his late round gems.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Bergman and letunov recalled to nhl.
Bergmann seems to have found his game a bit in the AHL over the past few weeks. Interested to see how he does this time around with the big club after being pretty putrid in his first stint.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Well we did move Patty and Goodrow. Need more bodies anyway.
100% agree and think that he is the right guy to call up. Just curious to see how he does. Would really like him to show an ability to stick around as I would love to have his size/speed combo on the 4th line going into next year. A 4th line of Gregor-True-Bergmann would be a nice look (assuming True can keep up with those speedier wingers). Fits the modern game of size/speed/physical play blended with some skill as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad