Sharks on Team Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2010
Do yous have Thornton, Marleau and Couture on your projection lineup?

It's hard to argue that Marleau-Thornton could combine to form an excellent line 3 or 4 with another big body (aka Nash/Staal) while couture could play top 6 with taveras.

Also seeing as they all play PP together that could be a lethal pp with the right D

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
I could see Jumbo Joe making it. Good veteran presence, good on the big ice, and big bodied gritty kinda guy that'd do well as 3C.

As for the other two, I don't know. I can't see Couture pushing anyone out of the top-6 or taking a role in the bottom 6, and I just see Marleau as a bit of a stretch. That said, either of them making it wouldn't particularly surprise me.

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Boyle, Burns, and Vlasic all have a chance to make it, but I wouldn't be surprised if none of them do.

Evergreen

I think Vlasic will be the only Shark on Team Canada. I don't see Marleau, Thornton, Couture, Burns or Boyle making the cut.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Vlasic is a lock imo.

Also Thornton quietly leads the league in assists, but no one cares about that because he's a big fat choker.

anyways, Couture will make it, Thornton MAY.. I doubt Marleau does unless he picks it up, gutless.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Couture. I don't see the other guys making it if you look at who they're likely to exclude from other teams.

Canadian Wampa

Feb 1, 2012
Couture should. Seeing as Thornton's been horrible the past 2 Olympics, I don't see why we'd take him again.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Thornton was invisible in Vancouver and I'm pretty certain he was the only minus player on Team Canada. I would take Vlasic and Couture though.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Logan Couture, for sure... Boyle is on my team, and likely the elder statesman of the back end... They need some seasoned vets too, and I think Boyle plays an integral part on that team, even if he doesn't play a lot.

I actually think pickles has a shot too. Good shutdown guy with the shortage of LH shots on the blue line. IMO, he's battling Marc Staal for the last spot.

Thornton is too slow considering other options. Marleau just isn't among the top 14 fwds, Burns as well... Although, given his versatility at wing or d, I can see him being a guy they'll look long and hard at.

Nashology

Dec 21, 2006
I believe Vlasic and Couture are virtually locks as do most experts so far.

Boyle probably has the next best chance followed by Marleau and Thornton.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Couture and Marleau have good shots due to their versatility and defensive acumen. They can play all 3 forward positions and anywhere in the line up. Vlasic should be on the team as well. He just eats up opposing forwards.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Forwards:

1. Couture
2. Thornton
3. Marleau
4. Burns

D-men

1. Vlasic
2. Boyle

That's how it looks to me right now. I would take only Vlasic right now, but Couture is near my roster. All the other players are in the bubble for me, and I believe even for Yzerman. But Couture and Vlasic seems to have the best chance out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad