Pre-Game Talk: Sharks @ Oilers 7:00 March 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
[*]Davidson out (I don't have a source but he ****in has to be right?)

B6nPjUjIMAEpfOc.png

Good ol' "Lubchenko" Davidson.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I wonder if the pp plan is to have the first line stay out there as long as possible.

That still doesn't make sense, because if that was the case, you'd think they'd want someone who can stand in front of the net in that group.

We already lack a guy with any real shot from the point, why are we taking someone who can screen the goalie off the number one unit, when we have guys like maroon and kassian now.

Our powerplay makes me ****ing sick this year. If Tmac decides Woodcroft is untouchable, I don't see how our scoring is ever going to be more than 26th in the league if we consistently have the leagues worst PP.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Hall was awesome in his second season when he would get the puck down low beside the net on the power play. He scored a lot of his goals from there. He really benefited from having a legitimate net presence on the PP (Horcoff) that knew how to box out the defender in front of the net so that Hall could step out in front or bang in a rebound.

I watched a bunch of highlights from when our PP was good and it's amazing how much Horcoff contributed to its success. He was always tying up defenders to create space or screening the goalie. We don't have a guy who can play that role right now.

Maroon should be able to fill that role too a tee. That sounds like exactly what Ducks fans said he did to have the most success there.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Predicting powerplays of 11-1 for San Jose. And the oilers don't get it in the zone on their pp even.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
That still doesn't make sense, because if that was the case, you'd think they'd want someone who can stand in front of the net in that group.

We already lack a guy with any real shot from the point, why are we taking someone who can screen the goalie off the number one unit, when we have guys like maroon and kassian now.

Our powerplay makes me ****ing sick this year. If Tmac decides Woodcroft is untouchable, I don't see how our scoring is ever going to be more than 26th in the league if we consistently have the leagues worst PP.

He better make a change here in the off-season or this is going to be ugly again next year. What a joke. All we needed was another "club" where people are linked and untouchable.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Hall was awesome in his second season when he would get the puck down low beside the net on the power play. He scored a lot of his goals from there. He really benefited from having a legitimate net presence on the PP (Horcoff) that knew how to box out the defender in front of the net so that Hall could step out in front or bang in a rebound.

I watched a bunch of highlights from when our PP was good and it's amazing how much Horcoff contributed to its success. He was always tying up defenders to create space or screening the goalie. We don't have a guy who can play that role right now.

Kassian and Maroon can play that role. Ive seen Lander do it as well. Yakupov seems like a player that should be doing it (Gallagher) too.
This one is definitely on coaches that don't understand how to run a power play.. Sickening..

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
Hey guys I think were doing all right, I ran the draft simulator 10 times and Oilers don't get a top 3 pick this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad