Proposal: Sharks/Islanders

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So you are basically saying that the Isles are willing to help atrophy this kids career because he speaks his mind rather than just be rid of him and maybe help him find a fresh start elsewhere.

I think LouLams is an dinosaur with some positively archaic views of hockey and culture (like facial hair) but I do think he is at least the kind of guy who is willing to help find players find the fresh start they might need to salvage their career.

Of course, I also think that Ho-Sang isn't much of a problem child at all, just a kid actually willing to say what everyone else in his situation may have thought but lacked the balls to actually bring it up.

If I'm Dougie "Dorion's Daddy" Wilson, I am absolutely taking a flyer on him for a mid-pick and a middling prospect. There's enough leadership in the Sharks locker room to assist with his "attitude" problem and he would look incredible alongside some of the Sharks more talented forwards.

Probably but he'd have to be okay with only playing about 10 minutes a night for the Sharks in the short-term due to their depth on the wing...and that's only if the Sharks also move Melker Karlsson and maybe another winger like Goodrow or Sorensen so that he sees regular ice time in the NHL. There's better teams out there for him to go to so he gets that opportunity to prove himself on a regular basis. The Sharks could be that team this off-season but not now.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I like Ho-Sang, and I’d do this trade, but I’m not sure we have room in our top-6 for him, unless we moved Labanc.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
At this point unless he gets some regular NHL time, NYI isn't going to get a good return back for Ho-sang. When a asset is handled that poorly, teams take advantage of that.

Isles will soon be out of waiver options with JHS.
He is nowhere near unrestricted free agency and although his whining has his critics tighty whities in a bunch, there is no indication Lou is moving him.
He has not bashed the organization or demanded a trade. I doubt the nyi locker room is falling apart because JHS is whining in Bridgeport.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
For other young prospects
Bellows had a strong camp and is playing well in his ahl rookie season.

Isles show no interest in extending impending ufas Nelson or Eberle . There is a recent report Lou is listening to offers for Leddy. Imo those vets will be moved for youngsters. Not 20 yr old Bellows on his ELC

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Bellows had a strong camp and is playing well in his ahl rookie season.

Isles show no interest in extending impending ufas Nelson or Eberle . There is a recent report Lou is listening to offers for Leddy. Imo those vets will be moved for youngsters. Not 20 yr old Bellows on his ELC
If he wasn't any good I'd have no interest.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
But is Ho-Sang significant to the Islanders at this point?
Minimal significance at most. He’s still around because they wanted to give him another shot. He’s most likely done after his contract expires. They may sign him to a 2-way if he shows some sort of improvement but that’s about it.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
But is Ho-Sang significant to the Islanders at this point?
Isles lack speed and skill. Lou and Trotz have both spoken about JHS speed and skill.
What has JHS said that is bashing the organization or false in his recent comments? Has he demanded a trade?

When Lou signed all those botton six vets,it blocked the young forwards JHS/Bellows/MDC from bottom 6 roles.

Top 6 spots were taken by Barzal/Beau/Eberle/Lee/Bailey. That left 1 center spot open.

Even nyi fans were saying there was no path for Bellows/JHS/MDC to stick.

Look at Pulock. Isles kept him in the ahl till he was out of waiver options and they were forced to put up with his growing pains at the nhl level. We likely see the same with JHS, who I think will be out of waiver options this season.

Who cares if he whines. Nino whined about being nhl ready too. How did that buy high,sell low scenerio work out for the isles?

Would I prefer he simply shut up and play harder? Yes. Is his whining enough reason to dump him? No.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Isles, poised to trade vets for youth, are not trading anything significant for Braun or Dillon.
Then we will keep our D for the season. During the season, there's no reason for us to move Dillon or Braun if it's not improving our roster. During the offseason, I'd do Ho-Sang+3rd for Braun+M. Karlsson.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Minimal significance at most. He’s still around because they wanted to give him another shot. He’s most likely done after his contract expires. They may sign him to a 2-way if he shows some sort of improvement but that’s about it.

Isles have 3 vets scheduled to become ufas in July. Lee/Eberle/Nelson. All playing top 6 roles

The only one they are trying to extend is Lee.
Isles have said JHS needs to be in a top 6 role. He has shown he can put up points at the nhl level. The question is his defense .
I disagree with the fans who think he is done with the isles after this season. Fans are a lot more po'd about JHS whining then management

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Then we will keep our D for the season. During the season, there's no reason for us to move Dillon or Braun if it's not improving our roster. During the offseason, I'd do Ho-Sang+3rd for Braun+M. Karlsson.

No thanks.

Press reports the isles are not actively shopping 27 yr old Leddy ,but are listening to offers. Imo it is because they want 24 yr old Toews on the nhl roster,think Toews at $1m can bring what Leddy at $5.5m brings .
On the right side they have Boychuk/Pulock and scouts saying Dobson should be ready in 2019-2020.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
No thanks.

Press reports the isles are not actively shopping 27 yr old Leddy ,but are listening to offers. Imo it is because they want 24 yr old Toews on the nhl roster,think Toews at $1m can bring what Leddy at $5.5m brings .
On the right side they have Boychuk/Pulock and scouts saying Dobson should be ready in 2019-2020.
I mean it wasn’t a Sharks fan that suggested it so

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Isles have 3 vets scheduled to become ufas in July. Lee/Eberle/Nelson. All playing top 6 roles

Isles have said JHS needs to be in a top 6 role. He has shown he can put up points at the nhl level. The question is his defense .
I disagree with the fans who think he is done with the isles after this season. Fans are a lot more po'd about JHS whining then management
He’s extremely lazy when it comes to defense and IMO quite selfish with the puck. When he was up, he would force a lot of bad passes. He can put up points yes but so can Brandon Pirri who was downright terrible defensively. I honestly think they’ll see how this season goes and just let him walk if he doesn’t show growth. There’s a good stockpile of talent in juniors, college and the AHL to choose from where losing JHS wouldn’t matter at all. His whining was always pointing blame on others vs taking responsibly for anything he has done.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
We also (as fans) give up on players quickly. I think JHS will shows us up. When Trotz was brought in, he had a 1-2-1 with JHS and from all accounts, have smoothed things out. At least that's how I interpreted it.

It's gonna take time, but I think things are turning around..I mean...look at MDC. He's so much better this year and may..just may show us fans what he can really do. It's still early..our prospects are doing much better and learning much more under new management.

In saying that. unless there's a Vegas-esque run this year, we are gonna be sellers at the TDL for draft picks and load up for the next year or 2. We're quite deep defensively (missing top end - but have lots of potential 3/4/5/6/7). We're also deep on both wings..just centre and top end defense. At some point, when we have enough prospects, we're probably gonna have to trade our youth for these guys (when we are ready to compete). so any tanking team 3-4 years from now..your centre(s) and top dmen are in our cross-hairs!

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I mean it wasn’t a Sharks fan that suggested it so
I get that. I am just pointing out how little it makes sense to trade vets for youth to build around 21 yr old Barzal, then trade 22 yr old JHS and the biggest return is a 2nd pair D around 30.

Reactions: Gecklund

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
He’s extremely lazy when it comes to defense and IMO quite selfish with the puck. When he was up, he would force a lot of bad passes. He can put up points yes but so can Brandon Pirri who was downright terrible defensively. I honestly think they’ll see how this season goes and just let him walk if he doesn’t show growth. There’s a good stockpile of talent in juniors, college and the AHL to choose from where losing JHS wouldn’t matter at all. His whining was always pointing blame on others vs taking responsibly for anything he has done.

I would not call him lazy defensively . I think he gambles too much. Does not make the safer, simply play.

And both Lou & Trotz have discussed his speed & skill with Lou pointing out that the league is trending toward speed & skill.
I found nothing false about JHS recent statement and think fans are probably more po'd then management.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia

We dont know that. Remember that Lou runs a very tight ship and very little rumor will come out until things happen. Lou might be working on all three or none of the three or some combination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad