Rumor: Sharks GM Doug Wilson looking desperately to get a first for rebuild mode

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
DW is absolutely not the "desperate to save face" type. This is pure media fabrication IMO.

Reactions: Groo

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Hard to fathom how far and how fast the Sharks have imploded.....but if Wilson is in the market for a first round draft pick in June, he's in for a long wait. Looking at this Sharks roster, I can't find a single player who would fetch anyone's first rounder.

I'm afraid he's doomed to watch Peter Dorion and the Senators step to the podium and select a top-10 pick with the Sharks selection. And he'd better pray that the lottery balls don't propel that pick all the way into the top-five. Not happy times in the Silicon Valley.
Would Sharks trade Karlsson for late first? Say in early 20s

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Even though I think much less of Karlsson now since he's been a shark for a year than before he was one, I can still say he's not a bad player. But the sharks don't and never did need him. That trade was horrible from the start. They're screwed until they can either find a way to trade him or burns. You're not going anywhere in a professional sport if you are paying $20m each year to two guys who hurt you more than they help. It just doesnt work like that.
yea i agree. hes not a bad player nor has he ever been. But, not every system works for every player, regardless if they are an NHLer or not. I dont think he works well in the west, i dont think he works well in that system. i dont think it works well when he's not the go-to guy every minute of the shift, he works way better when its HIM making the plays. Just an odd fit. I completely agree with your assessment of the situation, i feel the same way. They also have Merkley. Like, how many PMD do you need? you have zero defensive depth and zero physical dmen who can help guys like Merk and Karlsson moving forward. idk.. that money on EK65 could have been better used elsewhere IMO

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Lol I can't see anybody touching him

Teams have acquired much worse at the TDL. He’s an effective PKer and shot blocker. He won’t get more than a 5th rounder by himself but somebody looking to solidify their PK and 4th line will bite.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
How can ownership trust Wilson still? Dude has screwed up royally.

OiledGun

Sep 2, 2011
What would the sharks want on top of a first for Timo? Would something around 1st, Puljujaarvi, Samorukov, and Russel (to somewhat balance cap) work?

OiledGun

Sep 2, 2011
No, would have to be a great top prospect, which none of those guys are.

Fair enough, I know packaging a bunch of players typically doesn't work on here, just was having trouble finding value as I'm sure Holland won't be trading Bouchard (the fit on the team is too good) or Broberg (being his only first round pic with the team so far); so wasn't sure who else would qualify.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad