Sharks get away with a boarding call that nearly took out Benning.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
How come the NHL never holds their refs accountable publicly? NFL almost immediately acknowledges if their refs make a mistake.
cause it might hurt the refs feelings , the refs like to be the ones that control games and when they don't they pout, almost makes u happy wideman showed one what he's worth

Reactions: oilers4life5

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
cause it might hurt the refs feelings , the refs like to be the ones that control games and when they don't they pout, almost makes u happy wideman showed one what he's worth

Or its not really a penalty since it happens about 50 times a game with no calls and the ppl sitting behind a monitor dont know as much as they think they do?

ref88

Feb 14, 2018
Ref standing right beside him. Should be fired before the end of the game.
Yeah he let it go but we all mess up once in awhile. Plus refs have a lot of travel. West coast game after a long flight not the easiest to do with respect to the city he was coming from last game.

ref88

Feb 14, 2018
How come the NHL never holds their refs accountable publicly? NFL almost immediately acknowledges if their refs make a mistake.
NHL refs are reviewed on every call/non call. No need to make it public.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Probably because you are heavily biased.

It doesn't matter if you barely high stick a guy. Its a penalty.

If you barely crosscheck a guy head first into the boards its the same thing.

Jets fan. Hate Kane. Hes a POS. But... Id agree there wasnt much there. Perhaps your team has a reputation tho this year of being whining crybabies so the refs let things go altho if u are gonna call that.. Its gonna be a long long game since your gonna have to call it the 50 other times it is going to happen.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Lots of people in here with opinions that smell like asshole.
Draisaitl was given a penalty a few shifts after for a harmless cross check.. on Kane..

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I have. WHL even. It happens 50 times a game. Benning basically ran himself in to the boards hoping for a call... That POS Kane barely pushes him.
WHL has some of the worst reffing in hockey, so I’m not surprised. Did you actually play or were you just a ref?

Reactions: ShonSaunders

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I have. WHL even. It happens 50 times a game. Benning basically ran himself in to the boards hoping for a call... That POS Kane barely pushes him.
He has NEVER embellished anything. If you actually watch other teams, he throws hits. He's not soft.

It's not your fault. We have absolute moronic half brain dead, neandrathel, absolutely re****ed refs the last few years.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

It's pretty hard for a player to deliberately throw himself into the boards like that, especially when you're going head first into the boards.

I thought the shove was light but looking at it it seems Benning didn't try to fling himself like that into the boards. If he did, then that's not the smartest move but I have a ahrd time seeing that view.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad