Sharks get away with a boarding call that nearly took out Benning.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
well Im sure you never complained about that hit on BOS player then.. and the B fans that did are bunch of pansies who dont know hockey.

Soon cheap stuff like this will become the norm until something really bad happens. McDavid and co seem to be learning from this and will adjust their game\cheapness accordingly.

Yeah, because I am totally advocating for boarding as legit hockey plays. This one wasn't that bad. Get a grip. Is Benning injured?>

Edit: See how toxic you guys get very quickly when challenged at all? This is what the problem is.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Yeah, because I am totally advocating for boarding as legit hockey plays. This one wasn't that bad. Get a grip. Is Benning injured?>

Edit: See how toxic you guys get very quickly when challenged at all? This is what the problem is.
you are advocating hitting a guy from behind when he is 4 ft from the boards and knocking him down head first as not a bad play. Would it only be bad if Benning got injured? Carlo or whatever his name is still alive so i guess that wasnt so bad either.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
you are advocating hitting a guy from behind when he is 4 ft from the boards and knocking him down head first as not a bad play. Would it only be bad if Benning got injured? Carlo or whatever his name is still alive so i guess that wasnt so bad either.

Dude, he barely pushed him, it should've been a 2min PP and no goal after.

Reactions: LTIR

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Dude, he barely pushed him, it should've been a 2min PP and no goal after.
sad that you dont even see a cross check there if not hitting from behind.

*nice edit... now we are on the same page*

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
I certainly think this was a penalty, but is there a physically weaker defenseman than Benning in the league right now? I can't think of one.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
By this logic every light one-handed tap on the shin pads should be 2 minutes

Slashing is slashing

Sure why not?

Eventually players will stop swinging their sticks around.

They tried to crack down on tapping this year, but there was too much complaining.

Maybe they will try again in the future.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
To be fair it was a really, really light cross check. Boarding? lol

Benning defintely sold it, should have been 2 for cross check 2 for diving.

Who the hell dives face first into the boards? You could lose several teeth or suffer a concussion or a neck/spinal injury doing that. Players who dive do so in situations where it's "safe" to do so not like that, that's stupid. That could've been a very serious injury.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I certainly think this was a penalty, but is there a physically weaker defenseman than Benning in the league right now? I can't think of one.

Bennings actually deceptively strong. I've seen him throw some big hits

he also beat the crap out of Wideman on Ottawa

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Sure he got crosschecked a little but the main reason for him going into the boards was that he lost an edge. Not that bad, could easily have been a penalty but it wasnt dirty or a very hard crosscheck

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Hey remember when the league didn’t suspend Draisaitl for that chicken shit spear he gave to Tierney? He went on to play a big part in ousting the Sharks but hey the league is out to hamstring the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad