Eklund Rumor: Sharks D to Toronto

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Burns + 1st + 7th (just because I want Toronto to have as many 7th rounds picks as they possibly can) for Marner

San Jose is not in the position to trade 1st round picks

We don't have one in this draft and didn't have one last draft, and with how bad the team is we need another young talent (that isn't being payed $10M) asap

Reactions: Steeler23

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Burns + 1st + 7th (just because I want Toronto to have as many 7th rounds picks as they possibly can) for Marner
Ha no. That’s horrid. Burns has 3 less points playing for a team that has lost more than they won (and I think they’re on the bottom of the division) and is a D and is cheaper.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Acquiring Burns, at the cost of Marner or Nylander, makes little sense for Toronto.

Imagine a hypothetical world where Toronto didn't have Reilly. In that case, they should trade Nylander + extras to get Burns. That makes sense...sure Burns is much older, but Toronto's windows is open NOW and they need a superstar defenseman more than they need another really good young forward player. I would imagine that given the age of the roster, the window would be open for a long time, but why wait? Defensemen like Burns are rarely available. I would even say a trade involving Marner for Burns is something Toronto should consider.

But, Toronto has Reilly. They have player, who, I think, is already an elite D-man or very close to it.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
It's hilarious that "Eklund" still has a tag here. He sold his site years ago but the fraud lives on. Never change hf.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
after watching the sharks last night i don't think i'd be looking too hard at any of them. take the big three (contracts) out which would be a non starter you aren't left with that much. only thing that would interest me is ceci for dillon - atleast muzzin wouldn't be the only guy with testicles any longer. i hear muzzin has his own shower

seriously, toronto doesn't need trades right now, they need to watch video of some of the other teams, washington, islanders, even vancouver. i think they should also have one of those faux street signs made up for the locker room. "100pts mean nothing in june"

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Didnt Eklund actually get something right this off-season? I forget what it was

Marner4Life

Feb 12, 2019
Acquiring Burns, at the cost of Marner or Nylander, makes little sense for Toronto.

Imagine a hypothetical world where Toronto didn't have Reilly. In that case, they should trade Nylander + extras to get Burns. That makes sense...sure Burns is much older, but Toronto's windows is open NOW and they need a superstar defenseman more than they need another really good young forward player. I would imagine that given the age of the roster, the window would be open for a long time, but why wait? Defensemen like Burns are rarely available. I would even say a trade involving Marner for Burns is something Toronto should consider.

But, Toronto has Reilly. They have player, who, I think, is already an elite D-man or very close to it.
But Burns plays physical too. Reilly got pushed around last night and the only player he hit was from behind and got a cross checking penalty for it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad