GDT: ||Sharks @ Canadiens||March 21 @ 7||CBC, TVA||MT's texts edition||

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Аrpon Basu @ArponBasu · 6 min il y a 6 minutes
Nathan Beaulieu being squeezed out by Alexei Emelin while Tom Gilbert plays on the left just makes no sense to me.

Tonight: Markov-Subban,Emelin-Pateryn,Gilbert-Petry

Its stupid to play Gilbert back at LD.....Only Therrien is stupid enough to make thoses pairing.
It should be Markov-Subban,Emelin-Petry and Beaulieu-Gilbert

ZYnPIPU

HabsDieHard*

...Gilbert is ugly out there far too often...he was brought in to be our #4 and hasn't played that way overall...flashes of good play doesn't take away from his ineffectiveness in the defensive zone nor his allergic reaction to any physical play...he's a bottom pairing guy at best now and is being played like he's a Top 4 guy, even when Therrien plays him on his off side (which he's horrible at, btw)...I was one of the most excited people here when we signed Gilbert; sorry to say I was dead wrong...

He looks ugly, but does a very effective job out there.

He was not brought in to be a physical threat on the blue line, not his fault you had absurd expectations for what he'd bring to the ice.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Love the gdt!! Hopefully our offense can step up against the sharks!!! First game I've seen in a week! !!! Got stuck going to Cuba lol

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs offense is simply to small and weak to compete against a team like San Jose. Plus, seems like the Sharks of our number too.
They have size and speed...we just have speed and a good transition game...and a 5'6 centreman, who gets far too much TOI...
And yes, they have our number, because we just don't match up well with them...

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Pretty shocked we are on CBC tonight considering the Leafs are playing the Senators.

This must be the first time this happens this season (outside of when we played TOR).

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Pretty shocked we are on CBC tonight considering the Leafs are playing the Senators.
I had read somewhere, recently the CBC are getting some grief for their main national game choices.....and they probably are embarassed the Leafs are awful, I think last week the Leafs only drew 700K for viewers...not good at all, so show some love for the Habs...
Leaf fans, are like the team right now, apathy has finally sunk in...

dmanfish90

How about 76 for 25?
Jan 5, 2011
Newmarket, Ontario

I had read somewhere, recently the CBC are getting some grief for their main national game choices.....and they probably are embarassed the Leafs are awful, I think last week the Leafs only drew 700K for viewers...not good at all, so show some love for the Habs...
Leaf fans, are like the team right now, apathy has finally sunk in...

Well Toronto is now mathematically eliminated so they have no other choice.;)

I actually came here to write what Nicko wrote.

This is the time of year (every year for about 2 years at least) where CBC switches it's main broadcast from Toronto to Montreal games.

Cheers!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Love the gdt!! Hopefully our offense can step up against the sharks!!! First game I've seen in a week! !!! Got stuck going to Cuba lol

Gettin' ready to head out live...
I'm thinking Steak and Beers to set it off!

GHG

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Аrpon Basu @ArponBasu · 6 min il y a 6 minutes
Nathan Beaulieu being squeezed out by Alexei Emelin while Tom Gilbert plays on the left just makes no sense to me.

Tonight: Markov-Subban,Emelin-Pateryn,Gilbert-Petry

Its stupid to play Gilbert back at LD.....Only Therrien is stupid enough to make thoses pairing.
It should be Markov-Subban,Emelin-Petry and Beaulieu-Gilbert

I don't get the Beaulieu out while Gilbert stays on his off side thing either.

I'll be at the game tonight, hoping for a win or at least more goals than during our last games VS the Sharks.

Hopefully I'll be able to brag about our win to my friend who's a Sharks fan.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I actually came here to write what Nicko wrote.

This is the time of year (every year for about 2 years at least) where CBC switches it's main broadcast from Toronto to Montreal games.

Cheers!

And why do they switch them? Because one is playing meaningful games and the other is not. ;)

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Very good test tonight!

1. Sharks are playing for their playoffs lives hence every game is a game 7.
2. They dismantled Montreal few weeks ago therefore pay back is a must.

If the habs come out flat and get destroyed again forgot about Lord Stanley s cup.
Time to make a stances.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I don't get the Beaulieu out while Gilbert stays on his off side thing either.

I'll be at the game tonight, hoping for a win or at least more goals than during our last games VS the Sharks.

Hopefully I'll be able to brag about our win to my friend who's a Sharks fan.

Yeah I don't understand the move. Beaulieu is a LD and Gilbert is not and he is average at best. We saw what Gilbert-Petry can do so why not try Beaulieu-Petry or Emelin-Petry.

Also I feel you there. I have a friend who is a sharks fan and I haven't been able to brag about a Habs win against the Sharks since 2010.

CanadianLover

Oct 27, 2014
The Habs scored 1 goal in years against the Sharks? I think Price needs to be perfect tonight. We win 2-1 or something like that.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Can't wait to see Craig Rivet in a sharks uniform.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Beaulieu looked like our #3D not too long ago and now he's scratched because Therrien insists on playing Gilbert on his off side. Okay, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad