GDT: ||Sharks @ Canadiens||March 21 @ 7||CBC, TVA||MT's texts edition||

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDieHard*

Holy crap, those texts slayed me.

Pleaes do more if you made them yourself.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Аrpon Basu @ArponBasu · 6 min il y a 6 minutes
Nathan Beaulieu being squeezed out by Alexei Emelin while Tom Gilbert plays on the left just makes no sense to me.

Tonight: Markov-Subban,Emelin-Pateryn,Gilbert-Petry

Its stupid to play Gilbert back at LD.....Only Therrien is stupid enough to make thoses pairing.
It should be Markov-Subban,Emelin-Petry and Beaulieu-Gilbert
Knew this would happen. Back when the team was hurt and Beau was getting good minutes and playing well I said as soon as this team gets healthy his ice will get cut. Now he's being cut altogether...

Pathetic.

HabsDieHard*

1) I don't mind Gilbert-Petry as a pairing, as unconventional as it is.

2)I don't mind Beaulieu sitting, Pateryn is a quality piece back there who has earned the ice time he's getting.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Knew this would happen. Back when the team was hurt and Beau was getting good minutes and playing well I said as soon as this team gets healthy his ice will get cut. Now he's being cut altogether...

Pathetic.

Yeah, most of Therrien's 'good moves' actually happen when he has no choice. As soon as you give him an option... :rant:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Pathetic.

The problem with this is : who do you take out?

You can't seriously scratch Subban and Markov (actually, I wouldn't be opposed to scratch Markov for 1 game in the last two or three of the season, but we ain't there yet, and it's not a 2-games-in-2-evenings situation).

Petry played well before getting the flu, and it's hard to not think of him as our 3rd D-Men at this point.

Pateryn was arguably the Habs best skater last game and absolutely doesn't deserve getting out of the lineup.

Emelin and Gilbert remains. Emelin played rather well against Carolina (much better than against Tampa) and deserves a shot get in game shape. It might take a while, because he isn't the most "natural" player. A bit like AK47 was, actually. He's our most physical D in the lineup, too, and that absolutely matters.

Gilbert remains, and he's another one who just doesn't deserve to sit, considering how he played against Carolina.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That isn't exactly how I feel but...
The only way we will ever get MT to look at all his options is to completely remove that cog.
i'm going to the game tonight and would love to see EGG reunited for example.
Instead I'm likely to get a steady dose of the same crap we've called hockey this year.
God I hope the playoffs bring a diiferent approach to the game.

I would also like to see Markov rested and Beaulieu in...
I don't get the guy behind the bench at all and never have.
This is an ideal time to experiment up front and rest old legs.
Agreed...........our coach is a stubborn mule, but hey Carey on!!! ;)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The problem with this is : who do you take out?

You can't seriously scratch Subban and Markov (actually, I wouldn't be opposed to scratch Markov for 1 game in the last two or three of the season, but we ain't there yet, and it's not a 2-games-in-2-evenings situation).

Petry played well before getting the flu, and it's hard to not think of him as our 3rd D-Men at this point.

Pateryn was arguably the Habs best skater last game and absolutely doesn't deserve getting out of the lineup.

Emelin and Gilbert remains. Emelin played rather well against Carolina (much better than against Tampa) and deserves a shot get in game shape. It might take a while, because he isn't the most "natural" player. A bit like AK47 was, actually. He's our most physical D in the lineup, too, and that absolutely matters.

Gilbert remains, and he's another one who just doesn't deserve to sit, considering how he played against Carolina.
Beau's a 2nd pairing guy. I couldn't care less about any of these other blueliners other than Petry. He needs to get his minutes and he needs confidence to be shown in his play. He's a great young player...

Anyways, I'm not surprised.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Wrong. Emelin is MTL number 3 or 4 best defenceman and should be playing with Petry IMO. Beaulieu Gilbert and Pateryn should be fighting the last 2 spot remaining but since every other defencemans in MTL are playing RD Beaulieu should be a lock.

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Gilbert/Pateryn/Gonchar/Weaver

Pateryn needs to be playing instead of Gilbert. Pateryn played a great game on Thursday nd has not looked out of place since being re-called. Great skater and stay at home dman. We will need him for the playoffs.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Wish I could see this one, but I'll be in Ottawa at the CTS watching the Sens and Leafs (my friends are Leafs fans and planned this road trip months ago).

If you watch the highlights, see if you can find a guy in the crowd wearing a Habs jersey with two Leafs fans and a sign reading I THOUGHT THIS WAS A HABS GAME!

#GHG

:D

HabsDieHard*

Pateryn needs to be playing instead of Gilbert. Pateryn played a great game on Thursday nd has not looked out of place since being re-called. Great skater and stay at home dman. We will need him for the playoffs.

Gilbert has played quite well for the majority of the season actually.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Wish I could see this one, but I'll be in Ottawa at the CTS watching the Sens and Leafs (my friends are Leafs fans and planned this road trip months ago).

If you watch the highlights, see if you can find a guy in the crowd wearing a Habs jersey with two Leafs fans and a sign reading I THOUGHT THIS WAS A HABS GAME!

#GHG

:D

Actually, switch "Habs" with "Relevant". Could be awesome.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Gilbert has played quite well for the majority of the season actually.

...seriously??...what games are you watching??...Gilbert has had flashes of good play mixed in with ineffectiveness and just as many, if not more, flashes of poor play and mind numbingly bad positional play in the defensive zone...Beaulieu should not be sitting to play Pateryn or Gilbert...

HabsDieHard*

...seriously??...what games are you watching??...Gilbert has had flashes of good play mixed in with ineffectiveness and just as many, if not more, flashes of poor play and mind numbingly bad positional play in the defensive zone...Beaulieu should not be sitting to play Pateryn or Gilbert...

Gilbert just looks ugly out there a lot of the time.

He's a quietly very effective d-man.

He has his flaws, which is why he got such a middling contract considering his career accomplishments.

But he's been exactly waht the habs wanted when they brought him in.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Always a treat to watch JT! Probably my favorite player for the last 10 years or so.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Gilbert just looks ugly out there a lot of the time.

He's a quietly very effective d-man.

He has his flaws, which is why he got such a middling contract considering his career accomplishments.

But he's been exactly waht the habs wanted when they brought him in.

...Gilbert is ugly out there far too often...he was brought in to be our #4 and hasn't played that way overall...flashes of good play doesn't take away from his ineffectiveness in the defensive zone nor his allergic reaction to any physical play...he's a bottom pairing guy at best now and is being played like he's a Top 4 guy, even when Therrien plays him on his off side (which he's horrible at, btw)...I was one of the most excited people here when we signed Gilbert; sorry to say I was dead wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad