GDT: Sharks @ Canadiens 151215 4:30pm CSNCA

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think Handzus was all around worse. Particularly the fact that he never had an offensive skillset. Zubrus is just as slow as Handzus.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I think Handzus was all around worse. Particularly the fact that he never had an offensive skillset. Zubrus is just as slow as Handzus.

With Handzus, you can't ignore the success he had with Chicago. That suggests that maybe at least some of the blame was with San Jose for not setting him up properly.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Raise your hand if you thought zubrus was a top line solution...

If it works, it doesn't matter how fast or slow he is. The top line finally got some production tonight. Not saying it's all on Zubrus, but I hope they role that line again on Thursday.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Tierney was feeling it tonight. He was a player that, prior to the season, I expected to have a break-out season rather than a sophomore slump. It is good to see him getting it going.

Jones made some great saves late to preserve the win. He is going to be a stud.

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
Tierney was feeling it tonight. He was a player that, prior to the season, I expected to have a break-out season rather than a sophomore slump. It is good to see him getting it going.

Jones made some great saves late to preserve the win. He is going to be a stud.

Can you even call it a sophomore slump when he's been shackled to Brown and Haley for most of the season?

Tierney and Donskoi look like they have some good chemistry going. They play really well off one another.

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
Zubrus is a pretty damn decent player. Slow as hell but otherwise pretty decent.

He's not slow, he's calculated... and I don't have a receding hair line, it's an ascending forehead :).

Seriously though, I've been pleasantly surprised. He makes smart decisions but isn't completely predictable. He may not always execute, but you can generally count on him doing the right thing.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
The epidural helps her see the humor in things ;)

Congrats do0g!

Enjoy the rest of the season. You won't be going anywhere, and Patty won't be hogging the TV yet. It's a good time for some hockey.

I just read the comments to find out what's going on these days. :help:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
If it works, it doesn't matter how fast or slow he is. The top line finally got some production tonight. Not saying it's all on Zubrus, but I hope they role that line again on Thursday.

Yeah who knows right, maybe the trick was Joe as F1 and Pavs as F2 all along!

It does have the benefit of not having been tried before. With the rookie as F1, they could afford to concentrate on the F2 or F3. But we know Thornton can win board battles like crazy, so they send a doubleteam to him, and the F2 or F3 will have room to operate.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Yeah who knows right, maybe the trick was Joe as F1 and Pavs as F2 all along!

It does have the benefit of not having been tried before. With the rookie as F1, they could afford to concentrate on the F2 or F3. But we know Thornton can win board battles like crazy, so they send a doubleteam to him, and the F2 or F3 will have room to operate.

Unintended benefit: might mess with other team's tempo? Go from super slow 1st line then come out with speedier 2nd line then faster 3rd line. I doubt it but who cares, I want to speculate.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Who cares about speculation? We won against a top team which by normal logic makes us a better team than a top team so no worries. The cup is ours! :sarcasm:

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
With Handzus, you can't ignore the success he had with Chicago. That suggests that maybe at least some of the blame was with San Jose for not setting him up properly.

Not to mention that Handzus still was effective in the SO. He had skill, no doubt, but San Jose was not the place for him.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Who cares about speculation? We won against a top team which by normal logic makes us a better team than a top team so no worries. The cup is ours! :sarcasm:

Then, you will be hoping the Sharks gain entry into the post-season at the lowest possible seed.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

That line as assembled will go if Thornton and Pavs are on their game. That game against Montreal was a noticeably better Jumbo than what we've seen in the past month. Pavs too but Pavs didn't have the same drop that Jumbo did.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
a noticeably better Jumbo than what we've seen in the past month.

No sloppy passes/turnovers, covering ground on the ice, definitely looking back to being his old self again.

Speaking of differences, isn't Patty looking night and day from last year? It probably helps that he's been playing with Wardo now.

Hopefully we can have another successful road trip topped off with a win in LA!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
No sloppy passes/turnovers, covering ground on the ice, definitely looking back to being his old self again.

Speaking of differences, isn't Patty looking night and day from last year? It probably helps that he's been playing with Wardo now.

Hopefully we can have another successful road trip topped off with a win in LA!

Definitely. Though Marleau was gonna be a clear 3rd liner this year based on his play last year. He sure proved me wrong.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Definitely. Though Marleau was gonna be a clear 3rd liner this year based on his play last year. He sure proved me wrong.

He still loses possession too much for my liking, but at least he's making up for it with points and effort.

If Zubrus makes that top line click I'm gonna feast on the tears of all those posts complaining about DeBoer and how he was going to undeservedly use him in the top 6 :laugh:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
He still loses possession too much for my liking, but at least he's making up for it with points and effort.

If Zubrus makes that top line click I'm gonna feast on the tears of all those posts complaining about DeBoer and how he was going to undeservedly use him in the top 6 :laugh:

It'll be our version of the wildly successful "sticking Handzus with Patrick Kane experiment".

spintops

Sep 13, 2013

Funny how sports work. This board has gone from "Omg I can't believe we signed Zubrus" to "I hope he is on the top line again Thursday" in a pretty short period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad