GDT: Sharks @ Canadiens - 10/26 - 4:00 PM PST - CSN-CA, CBC, RDS, KFOX

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Need Demers to really step up offensively.

I think there are better ways to balance this current line up. Especially with couture looking terrible.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Demers on radio intermission interview:

- great to have family and friends here for his first NHL game in Montreal
- butterflies go away pretty quickly after first couple of shifts
- need to get puck off boards when on PP and work harder

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Vlasic on TV intermission interview:

- very special coming back here
- both teams play fast
- need to get puck deep, need to get traffic in front of Price

... oh hey active thread during intermission, I double-posted :(

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
They keep on touting how many shots the Sharks are taking, how they lead in shot differential statistic...well we've been down this road before in years past and I'm not convinced one bit that quantity of shots > quality of shots.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Maybe all those damn shot blocks.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Bruise ribs or shoulder, would hurt to take shots.

He's a shifty player, and that line is playing a very high energy style. He's a guy that gets into pockets and snipes.

Kennedy is taking a lot of entry assignments due to his speed and his first instinct is to shoot. Hopefully they keep figuring it out though.

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
Maybe all those damn shot blocks...a bruised foot or something.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that maybe letting the goalie earn his pay and not having the players take a daily beating of pucks might be better in the long term. Seems like this team that always leads in shots blocked always is beat to crap by the time playoffs roll around. Those hits add up if they're not square in the shin pad.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
They keep on touting how many shots the Sharks are taking, how they lead in shot differential statistic...well we've been down this road before in years past and I'm not convinced one bit that quantity of shots > quality of shots.

The first shot rarely matters. But of we aren't moving our feet to get the second shot, it's for nothing. But the volume of shots will generally lead to higher scoring chances over time.

Toronto is a perfect example of how you will regress looking for the perfect shot.

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
The first shot rarely matters. But of we aren't moving our feet to get the second shot, it's for nothing. But the volume of shots will generally lead to higher scoring chances over time.

Toronto is a perfect example of how you will regress looking for the perfect shot.

There's a difference between "looking for the perfect shot," and simply not peppering from the perimeter. That one extra pass to make the goalie move can be all the difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad