Pre-Game Talk: Sharks @ Avs | Tuesday, October 28th, 7pm MT | The beginning of...

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
this might be interesting game to track from scoring chance perspective.

if there's one team that is really focusing on shot generation, 'shoot, shoot and shoot some more', it's the sharks.

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT
Looking forward to having Winchester in the lineup this Thursday. Good to hear on EJ. Things are pointing up. It'd be nice to string a few wins together starting tomorrow.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Roy needs more time to build up his courage to bench Cliche for Winchester. Hes secretly hoping someone gets hurts so he can insert Winchester without having to take Cliche out.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Roy needs more time to build up his courage to bench Cliche for Winchester. Hes secretly hoping someone gets hurts so he can insert Winchester without having to take Cliche out.

Likely a minority opinion here, but this point I'd rather see Talbot or even McLeod benched before Cliche. Cliche has played reasonably well the last two games, and both Talbot and McLeod haven't been terrible in terms of throwing hits and creating scoring chances (albeit ones they have no shot of finishing) they've been a disaster in the defensive zone.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Roy says Tanguay missed practice because he took a puck off his foot yesterday but he'll play tomorrow. Going with the same lines.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Scott gets two games so we don't have to play against that ogre. Taking him out of the lineup probably makes them a better team but at least he won't be able to kill one of our guys.

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
Hey folks, does anyone want to buy 3 tickets to this game? I unfortunately cannot go and they shouldn't go to waste.

Sec 364, Row 8, Seats 9, 10, & 11. Face price. $23.00 each.
Pickup in Pueblo tonight or in Canyon city during lunch hour tomorrow. I'll meet you wherever you prefer. Please PM me if interested.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If Winchester is back it's McLeod who needs to sit. For as much as we rag on Cliche, he has been a lot better than McLeod this season. At least Cliche can somewhat skate. I also think Cliche is a better PK'er than McLeod. Of course, McLeod will never get benched given that Roy seems to adore him, hence the contract extension

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If Winchester is back it's McLeod who needs to sit. For as much as we rag on Cliche, he has been a lot better than McLeod this season. At least Cliche can somewhat skate. I also think Cliche is a better PK'er than McLeod. Of course, McLeod will never get benched given that Roy seems to adore him, hence the contract extension

Huh? :shakehead

McLeod and Talbot hurt us a lot less on the wing, than Cliche does ever lining up to take a face-off. McLeod looks like a whole other player when he has a competent center to line up next to.

I really don't get the PK love either, I've seen it myself and multiple people have posted about the fact that he looks like hes stuck in quicksand while on the PK. He does almost nothing.

I don't even know how 'Cliche' 'can' and 'skate' could ever be in the same sentence.

So so.... sick of the Cliche & Guenin can PK!! justification for either of them being in the lineup. They both only add to the slow factor dragging this team down.

If Cliche could actually win face-offs, and ACTUALLY could skate it.... wait we have that about to come back. His name is Winchester.

They need to get a ******* stop watch, and if you can't get from one end of the rink to the other within X amount of time. GTFO

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
We always have a serious injury against the Sharks, even if it's our own fault.

So who will it be tomorrow? Tanguay?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Speaking of faceoffs, Cliche is second on the team to Mitchell this season (technically third if you count the few that Talbot has taken). MacKinnon is actually higher than Duchene and by a significant margin 48 vs 44%.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sharks have anyone that will fight McLeod? He gets so fussy when he don't get to "create momentum".

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Speaking of faceoffs, Cliche is second on the team to Mitchell this season (technically third if you count the few that Talbot has taken). MacKinnon is actually higher than Duchene and by a significant margin 48 vs 44%.

Well Duchene also leads the team in faceoffs, while Mack is 3rd (more like 4th since Mitchell is back) so that means Dutchy gets the tougher matchups. That skews things a bit.

Not an excuse for Duchene to be that low though. He needs to be much better.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Did I read correctly that Winchester is sporting the dreaded No. 18?

We need to convince the Avs to retire that number, under the name Trade Bait.

Come to think of it, I think my next sweater will be that. #18, Trade Bait on the back, old school home white.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

This does not pass the eye test... I wonder if the person recording that is making Cliche pay by the face-off, or by FO percentage? :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad