Pre-Game Talk: Sharks @ Avs | Tuesday, October 28th, 7pm MT | The beginning of...

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I hate to say it but Briere should be in the press box before Cliche.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

So... Cliche, Briere, McLeod, and Talbot should all be in the press box basically.

Are Roy & Sakic the only ones who are wondering why our bottom 6 is struggling?

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010

Put the guy who's got both GWG in the press box, while play the guys who add zero offense when we are having trouble scoring, makes sense. Briere's a shell of himself I'll agree with that but at least he can do something with the puck unlike 3/6's of our bottom 6.

IF anything he should be playing with McGinn and Mitchell. I'd even throw McGinn up with Landeskog and Mackinnon, and bump O'Reilly down, he's been pretty much invisible asides from the powerplay this season. O'Reilly isn't helping much with Landy and Mack's scoring woes either, he was junk the whole Winnipeg game minus the overtime.

Sharks have anyone that will fight McLeod? He gets so fussy when he don't get to "create momentum".

Mike Brown, and Mcleod will get dusted once again.

Last edited:

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Put the guy who's got both GWG in the press box, while play the guys who add zero offense when we are having trouble scoring, makes sense.

Zero offense and zero defense is what you can expect from Briere most nights. He may chip in a goal here or there, but his past concussion ailments have left him a shell of the player he once was.

Meanwhile, Marc-Andre Cliche is averaging over 3:00 per game on the Avalanche's penalty kill; a penalty kill that currently ranks fourth in the NHL despite Colorado giving up the most chances against in the league (not to mention the merry-go-around in net).

The remedy to Colorado's inconsistent offense is getting MacKinnon, O'Reilly, and Landeskog back on track.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Zero offense and zero defense is what you can expect from Briere most nights. He may chip in a goal here or there, but his past concussion ailments have left him a shell of the player he once was.

Meanwhile, Marc-Andre Cliche is averaging over 3:00 per game on the Avalanche's penalty kill; a penalty kill that currently ranks fourth in the NHL despite Colorado giving up the most chances against in the league (not to mention the merry-go-around in net).

The remedy to Colorado's inconsistent offense is getting MacKinnon, O'Reilly, and Landeskog back on track.

Cliche has been pretty good on the defensive end of things on the pk and the last 2 games, but we've been playing Landeskog and O'Reilly to finish out penalties as well. I think we have enough guys who can do work in that department, We got Talbot and Mitchell who can pk, O'Reilly and Landeskog who can Pk and we've got Cliche and Mcleod who are really barely passable nhl players playing the pk, I'm tired of goals being wasted. I don't really care how good our pk is if we aren't scoring goals. Varlamov can be the difference on a team that gives up 3 or 4 goals on a nightly basis as long as we are scoring. And honestly our top 6 isn't good enough to solely rely on them to be scoring most of the goals every night.

Not expecting anything crazy from Briere but he still has some offense in his skillset he isn't a blackhole, you play him with Cliche and Mcleod it's no wonder he isn't producing, Talbot/Mcleod/Cliche all have 0 goals you should expect 1 goal from your 4th line every 10th game hell John scott has outproduced the trio, Briere also doesn't just throw away puck in the o-zone to make a check he at least tries to make plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad