GDT: Sharks and Pens part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
It's going to be so hard enjoying Pens games this year when Murray doesn't start, as it's so obvious they're intentionally crippling themselves with Maf, Murray is Price-like right now, just suffocating and poised at all times.

It's like when Johnston was here, where every win was depressing as it only ever bought him more undeserved time before being rightfully fired.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Cole, you catch this shift. Geno and Kessel on the forecheck while Kunitz floats in the neutral zone. Then, Sharks gain the Pens zone, and Kunitz is doing pirouettes in front of Murray.

Geno and Kessel are reacting to the puck instead of attacking.

That's what Kunitz has done to them.

It's on Sully and JR at this point.

#14 is all out of iron tonight. That goal took it all.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I am a firm believer that the Kings 2010-ish Jerseys were the most beautiful ones in their entire history.

LosAngeles-Kings-Premier-Home-Jersey.jpg

It's subtle, the shoulder yokes and stripes are conservative and classy, but that purple color really helps them pop.

Purple and Yellow are just a terrible color combination in general, and the blackout style they wear now is just so needlessly drab.

I would love that jersey without the Los Angeles on the bottom. But man does that ruin it. Just atrocious.

And I'm sorry, but purple and gold are gorgeous together. I could not disagree more.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
#14 is all out of iron tonight. That goal took it all.

Problem is the price paid for it. Geno and Kessel are reacting to everything. He's completely ****** their games.

As I said earlier, JR is moving Kunitz and Fleury and upgrading the D to making this team a bigger monster than last season.

EDIT: Remember I told people when Kessel replaced Rust that it would improve things in a few areas but open up a whole new can of worms for Geno. At least with Rust's speed and forechecking, it meant more possession.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Any WBS followers here? OG? Wilson doesn't seem to pass well. Is that something he did well in WBS or is he just a better shooter than passer.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They aren't full NTC's, and I'll bet you Carolina isn't on either of their limited lists (division opponent).

If they counted on Carolina not having anything to do with JR and the lawsuit then probably not. Ignoring that, I bet that a perpetually bad team is likely to be on both and in MAF's case it's pretty definite given their goalie problems. So definitely MAF and likely Kunitz.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Jesus, Geno . . . you should buy Murray a new car bailing you out for that turnover.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Schultz was such a sneaky pick up for JR.
Everything he does well helps sustain offensive pressure with his pinches, etc.
JR recognized he`s 1)fast and plays fast and 2)has offensive pedigree.
Exact type of skills you want to bring in and try and mold with this squad.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It's going to be so hard enjoying Pens games this year when Murray doesn't start, as it's so obvious they're intentionally crippling themselves with Maf, Murray is Price-like right now, just suffocating and poised at all times.

It's like when Johnston was here, where every win was depressing as it only ever bought him more undeserved time before being rightfully fired.

it won't happen all that often

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Schultz was such a sneaky pick up for JR.
Everything he does well helps sustain offensive pressure with his pinches, etc.
JR recognized he`s 1)fast and 2)has offensive pedigree.
Exact type of skills you want to try and mold with this squad.

He's real solid too. Makes good reads on both sides of the puck.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Please don't spoil my early, early morning. Give Murray the shutout. Crosby hattie would be sweet too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad