TSN: Sharks and Oilers have re-engaged on Erik Karlsson

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Campbell isn't waiving to go to San Jose. Yamamoto, Foegele, and Ceci for Karlsson is probably the baseline when it comes to cap.
At this point I'd do that just to get it done. Karlsson doesn't want to be here, we don't want him ruining our draft position, he would be a great offensive replacement for Barrie in EDM.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hard to say. I could see a player leaving a good weather city off their list even if they’re not competitive.
For someone that willingly signed with a Canadian team, I would bet the no-trade list is either tax-based or competition-based. Either of those instances put San Jose among those ten teams most likely.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Edmonton can still do this. Where there’s a will, there’s a way, like Grier said lol. Get the Sharks to retain, pull any side deals required for cap reasons, and spare no expense with the remaining picks/prospects. If Holland pulled it off, it would be one of the greatest trade deadlines of all time by a GM. It really isn’t unrealistic either. They can get it done if they want to; there’s still plenty of time left to iron something out. It’s actually more doable from a cap standpoint than it was 24 hours ago.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
Edmonton can still do this. Where there’s a will, there’s a way, like Grier said lol. Get the Sharks to retain, pull any side deals required for cap reasons, and spare no expense with the remaining picks/prospects. If Holland pulled it off, it would be one of the greatest trade deadlines of all time by a GM. It really isn’t unrealistic either. They can get it done if they want to; there’s still plenty of time left to iron something out. It’s actually more doable from a cap standpoint than it was 24 hours ago.
I've noticed that too. They've cleaned the roster up getting rid of fodder. I'm terrible at math, but it looks like they have 2m in cap now. Wouldn't Yam, Foegele, Bouchard + picks & maybe another player for Karlsson + at like 30% + Gregor or something balance out fairly easily? Campbell doesn't even need to be included and I'm not sure what's so complicated about getting a deal like that done.

Reactions: Garbageyuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad