Confirmed with Link: Sharks and McLellan Mutually Agree to Part Ways

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
That "mutually agreed" thing will never not make me laugh but this is probably best for everyone, especially McLellan.

The rest of the coaching staff was also let go with Robinson moving into his new role.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Now Fire Doug Wilson already before he can screw up the organization even further.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Its all part of the plan. We're tanking next season everyone, just in case you thought this "rebuild" wasn't actually happening. Matthews sure would look great in teal, along with several of the other elite kids in the strong 2016 draft.

Good luck coach. Go to a team that wants to win now and prosper. Seems like Detroit may be that place.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
No surprises. TMac will find no shortage of suitors now.

Players didn't respond to him this year - hard time accepting they aren't to blame.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Its all part of the plan. We're tanking next season everyone, just in case you thought this "rebuild" wasn't actually happening. Matthews sure would look great in teal, along with several of the other elite kids in the strong 2016 draft.

Good luck coach. Go to a team that wants to win now and prosper. Seems like Detroit may be that place.

God you're so negative. He ran his course here and the players stopped listening. Can't trade the players you part ways with the coach. It's simple.

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
hello,

was hoping to pick the SJS fans brain here and ask, how do you think he would fit in with our team? (oilers)

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

Yep. Just like how McDavid will in the Sabres jersey.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
To the Sharks:
We'll see, but I can't think of anyone who'll be better long-term… there may be a surge in performance just due to the shakeup a coaching change brings, but we'll see if the coach fits in with DW's vision & the roster… I am skeptical

To TMac:
I think he will benefit the MOST from this change… he's far & away the most sought-after coach today and he will land somewhere with a lot of support I'm sure… while I disagreed with some things he did, out of the 4 big things you can blame for franchise failures (owner, GM, coach, players), I'd say TMac did the most with what he had… i wish him the best of luck and will definitely root for him wherever he goes

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
hello,

was hoping to pick the SJS fans brain here and ask, how do you think he would fit in with our team? (oilers)

He could do very well with the forwards you guys have. TMac is a really good coach and I think will excel with players who are coachable. Mainly young players. Your team has an abundance of that and I think he will fit very well and develop/focus on building the two-way game of his players.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
hello,

I think he'd be excellent in Edmonton aside from the fact he tends to like a low risk NZ game but considering the talent in EDM I think he could put in a system where your players would thrive.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
God you're so negative. He ran his course here and the players stopped listening. Can't trade the players you part ways with the coach. It's simple.

No I'm not. I'm an optimist. He did run his course here, but he also didn't want to stick around for another year of us while we take a few steps back. Why is that negative?

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
I think he'd be excellent in Edmonton aside from the fact he tends to like a low risk NZ game but considering the talent in EDM I think he could put in a system where your players would thrive.

He could do very well with the forwards you guys have. TMac is a really good coach and I think will excel with players who are coachable. Mainly young players. Your team has an abundance of that and I think he will fit very well and develop/focus on building the two-way game of his players.

awesome, a lot of us fans are really hoping we focus on him and babcock this summer. Personally i want Tmc more then babcok, and really hope he meshes well with hall/ebs at the WHC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad