Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire Adin Hill and 2022 7th from Arizona for Josef Korenar and 2022 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Look at his threads. He wants younger and higher picks. Adin Hill should be the perfect goalie for the next few years for the tank. Huzzah.

As I said at the time this trade happened keeping Jones would have served the same purpose without having to give up one of those picks. So many moronic moves over the last five years yet some fans still give this front office the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: stator

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
As I said at the time this trade happened keeping Jones would have served the same purpose without having to give up one of those picks. So many moronic moves over the last five years yet some fans still give this front office the benefit of the doubt.
No. We are not taking victory laps like a teenager who thought World Peace was a fallacy while washing their hair in the shower. We legitimately cannot truly tank due to some of these contracts. Buyout Vlasic/Couture/name someone else, trade EK65 and Burns for pennies on the dollar, Hertl fetches a King's ransom. Ferrario walks (I would), Dahlen says adios (we get a 2nd if we're lucky), LeBanc gets us another 2nd, Meier can get us something solid for next season. But that's 3-5 years of buyouts depending on which contract you pick, not to mention the dropping attendance and SAP being old as dirt.

Taking a stab at a retool isn't an awful idea. It somewhat worked in the 2015 season.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
No. We are not taking victory laps like a teenager who thought World Peace was a fallacy while washing their hair in the shower. We legitimately cannot truly tank due to some of these contracts. Buyout Vlasic/Couture/name someone else, trade EK65 and Burns for pennies on the dollar, Hertl fetches a King's ransom. Ferrario walks (I would), Dahlen says adios (we get a 2nd if we're lucky), LeBanc gets us another 2nd, Meier can get us something solid for next season. But that's 3-5 years of buyouts depending on which contract you pick, not to mention the dropping attendance and SAP being old as dirt.

Taking a stab at a retool isn't an awful idea. It somewhat worked in the 2015 season.

If anything Vlasic, Couture, Karlsson and Burns are all helping the tank effort by grossly underperforming their contracts. No need to buy any of them out. Jones should not have been bought out either. Just trade Hertl and Meier and you're on your way to landing Bedard or Michkov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad