Post-Game Talk: Sharks 7, Oilers 4

space321

May 11, 2011
only saw the last 10 minutes, at least Rattie got a few points and Jones got a goal, so that's nice...

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Sorry..I don't see that quick fix.

They'd need some NHL level players to add to the 3 they have in the top 9.

They'd need at least one top pairing D. If Larsson or Klefbom are in the top 2, they'd then need another 2nd pairing player.

I don't see how they have the assets to get 4-6 competant forwards and 2 top 4 D...(Bouchard shouldn't be counted on for a couple of years) and in short order.

This is at least a 2 year turn-around for a competent GM.
It's really not that bad.
Klefbom and Russell are legit too 4 Dmen. Larsson is a good #4 .. Nurse good #5 .. Biggest issue would be to free up room for Bouchard/Jones next year.

Still need an offensive top 4 Dman because Sekera isn't one

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
That was pathetic. One of the most frustrating games I've seen in a long time.

McDrai points were nice though, as was Jones' first goal. We have a gem there.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
We have 6 skaters with 5 or more goals. 6.
37 games in. This statistic needs to spread like wildfire. It is embarrassing.

This is my Oilers agenda.

Last edited:

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Bad team is bad.

Nuge line got torched. Larsson/Nurse got torched.

Slag on Talbot all you want. Koskinen isnt any better behind this AHL defense. Both goalies are posting sub .900 save percentages since the bodies started dropping. 1 win in 7 games since 4 and 77 left. Really doesnt matter who starts at this point with this d "corpse".

We all hoped they can hold down the fort until we got healthy. Unfortunately all that hope is lost. They can't defend properly nor move out the puck safely. The worst part is a rookie has looked the steadiest over this short time here.

Nice goal by 97 though. Lol. Looked high. But whatever I guess.

On to the next.

Dakinjor

Nov 13, 2014
We have 5 skaters with 5 or more goals. 5.
37 games in. This statistic needs to spread like wildfire. It is embarrassing.

This is my Oilers agenda.
we have 6 Mcd, drai , nuge, chia, nurse, caggiula Big difference:naughty:

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Couldn't watch this game either but I checked out Jone's goal. You couldn't tell Jones scored his first NHL goal from that look of disappointment and his body language.

FIRE CHIA.

And outlaw GDT polls.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Jones has already shown more natural ability in 5 NHL games than Nurse has in over 200.

Not true. He's amazing at getting into the play. But Nurse is too. Nurse is just forced to do too much. He's being Schultz'd, but he's better at to than Schultz ever was.
I love Jones and expect him to be a regular on the roster next season. He'll probably stay up through this season as well. However I firmly believe Nurse is better. He's playing a different game than his best way of playing. Trying to do what Klefbom does is hard. Especially when your game is grittier. Nurse seems afraid to do anything too mean. He knows how important it is that he is on the ice as much as possible with these injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad