Post-Game Talk: Sharks 7, Oilers 4

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
At least McDavid picked up a couple more points. Hanging around in the scoring race.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
This is one of those rare nights where I'll cheer for Calgary to win. Now excuse me while I bathe in undiluted bleach.

Reactions: Cloned

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I shudder to think who this organization might replace Peter with in the interim. I mean, they hired him. Just please, no Lowe or MacTavish. For the love of god.
Keith Gretzky

But "2nd in command" Craig MacTavish will survive the purge.

Reactions: TB12

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Larsson another tidy -3. Thank God we traded for him.

What did I say that summer again? ;)

He ain't gonna provide offense we were losing and he alone sure won't mitigate the mess of a group of players we have .

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yawney hasn't been able to coach the dumb out of Darnell.

You can’t coach anticipation and natural game processing. All you can do is install a system and hope it insulates the weaknesses of your players enough so they can succeed.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
What an embarrassment. Sure we're down a few D, but other teams have injuries too.

It's Chia's assembling of a poor at best group beyond the top 3-4 forwards and top 3-4 D that's doomed us.

Do you see any of these players making the roster of a Tampa, Nashville or even Vegas?

Reactions: orangeshinpads

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
I shudder to think who this organization might replace Peter with in the interim. I mean, they hired him. Just please, no Lowe or MacTavish. For the love of god.

The only way we're going to attract decent GM candidates is to completely clean house in hockey ops. Keith Gretzky has done OK at the draft despite our garbage scouting department, but at this point, he may need to go too to kill any OBC influence.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Nurse finally got demoted in the third tonight. My guess is Yawney and Hitch finally had enough.

Larsson hasn’t been good either though, and that’s arguably a bigger problem.
Agreed on all counts.

Larsson has it in him to be better than he's been playing. Unfortunately, team morale is low and that drags everyone down. Players are either feeling bad about their game or they aren't trusting their team mates. Every game further from a win, the more disjointed the team looks.

For that Karlsson-to-Karlsson goal, Larsson got walked. But how the hell did Melker Karlsson get to such a dangerous position so easily?

Russell can't come back soon enough. Every defensive pairing is drowning.

#non-structuredposting

Reactions: Cloned

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
We have a few good defensemen but no great defensemen. Klefbom and Larsson play on every NHL team, Nurse probably as well. Bouchard in the pipeline, Jones showing his worth already, RNH is a damn good 3rd best forward on most teams, a good GM can get this turned around pretty quickly.

Sorry..I don't see that quick fix.

They'd need some NHL level players to add to the 3 they have in the top 9.

They'd need at least one top pairing D. If Larsson or Klefbom are in the top 2, they'd then need another 2nd pairing player.

I don't see how they have the assets to get 4-6 competant forwards and 2 top 4 D...(Bouchard shouldn't be counted on for a couple of years) and in short order.

This is at least a 2 year turn-around for a competent GM.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
fire everyone, move the team to Seattle and bring in smart people who want to win

the organization is still a running joke....decades later

too late. we caved on giving the Oilers a new arena. Now Seattle has their own club. oh well.

The worst thing about this season is having trouble picking a playoff club. Maybe SJ, maybe Winnipeg. I need a club I don't despise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad