Post-Game Talk: Sharks 4 Oilers 3 OT

Oilersfan93

Jun 22, 2016
man ya'll need to stop bit**** and moaning about DRAI. He has a hot as f*** girlfriend and has been nutting her the past few weeks, as a result, not a lot of stamina left on the ice. Give the dude a break, hes been exceptional all season, plus there's no need or incentive for him to play up to his potential this season anyway since its a lost cause. McDavid is obviously chasing art ross hence why hes going full throttle each shift. love the guy.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
man ya'll need to stop bit**** and moaning about DRAI. He has a hot as f*** girlfriend and has been nutting her the past few weeks, as a result, not a lot of stamina left on the ice. Give the dude a break, hes been exceptional all season, plus there's no need or incentive for him to play up to his potential this season anyway since its a lost cause. McDavid is obviously chasing art ross hence why hes going full throttle each shift. love the guy.
Lol

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016

Who doesn't

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Frankly, I'm glad SJ got the two points just to **** over the Flames a bit. As long as McDavid is getting some points (and if Klefbom can play well, that's a bonus too). My only regret is that we didn't crush the Flames last game. Was the final kick in the balls this season. The only way we can make up for it is to feed points to any team the Flames are competing with for a PO spot. In other words, just keep Todd as coach for the rest of the season. The rest will take care of itself.

The replies a simple ?? Get ya

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nuge and Connor need some size on their RW. Aberg is bringing next to nothing on that line. Bump Slepyshev up there from the PB.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Well you know what kind of thread this is going to be, so do I. There will be 100 people here piling on Drai any chance they get and quoting Ray idiot Ferraro today.

I may as well check out, its going to be that kind of night.

Yeah Drai was bad. Montoya was bad, Lucic is always bad, Strome is always useless. Sekera has been bad all season, We have 10 players on this club that are bad half the time. But more about Drai having a bad game.
Ray Ferraro is not an idiot, and Draisaitl played lazy and bad all game. It happens.
No need to blame everyone else.

Reactions: frag2

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Nuge and Connor need some size on their RW. Aberg is bringing next to nothing on that line. Bump Slepyshev up there from the PB.

Makes you wonder if it's some Chia mandate to have select players on select lines just because he obtained said players. Just to prove something

Simpson on Oilers now said it best about acquisitions like Lucic. If you aren't scoring, you damn sure better be doing something physical.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Ray Ferraro is not an idiot, and Draisaitl played lazy and bad all game. It happens.
No need to blame everyone else.

I don't get some posters. Drai played bad and has been for the last few games. Like you said, it is what it is at this point. Hopefully, he isn't pouting like some speculated earlier in the year until he was reunited with McDavid. You can tell he has a bit more jump than 'usual' when he's with McD.

In a sense, I wish McDavid pouted instead about his coach's horrible decisions hah. Bitch about who he is playing with (ie. Aberg, Lucic, Drake) but he's too grounded and a pro.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Source?

North

Jun 25, 2009
Drai was not good last night. I know I thought he caught Lucicitis a couple of times.

I still believe a coaching change would do him a world of good. I think Todd's ill-timed criticisms have lost him.

Reactions: PulYou

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
On Drai: You would be tired too if you had to skate around with the 250lb anchor that is Lucic. One has to wonder how it is affecting Drai and Pulju playing on that line with an utter black hole. I feel for Lucic, I really do. It can't be easy not scoring or getting points, but he needs to stop worrying about that and get back to just plain contributing. This starts with not losing passes in his skates, not getting puck knocked off his stick every time, not throwing blind passes to the other team. Right now he looks like a beer leaguer standing still.

Anyway, Drai had a bad game but everyone has some of those. I'll give him a pass. Lucic on the other hand drags down the play of everyone on his line.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Well you know what kind of thread this is going to be, so do I. There will be 100 people here piling on Drai any chance they get and quoting Ray idiot Ferraro today.

I may as well check out, its going to be that kind of night.

Yeah Drai was bad. Montoya was bad, Lucic is always bad, Strome is always useless. Sekera has been bad all season, We have 10 players on this club that are bad half the time. But more about Drai having a bad game.

The difference between Drai and those players is that bad games are the norm for the others.

Comparing Drai to them isn't fair defense of his bad game because he doesn't belong in the same conversation. The norm for Drai is somewhere between above average and dominance, among the best 5 players on either team on the ice any given night.

I find it a little unfair that when Nuge (a player I'm vocal about defending) has a bad game or two, he's getting criticized for not playing like McDavid or Draisaitl, but when Drai has a bad game or two the defense is 'so did Lucic'?

Again, not criticizing the player's season, just the last couple games, yesterday night in particular.

No one is going to play 82 games at or above expectations. This season is one from hell and Draisaitl has done well in 80%-85% of the games played so far, which is great.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
So this just in.

Drai is tired after hauling useless linemates around most of the game. Yeah, he had a bad game, frankly he looked exhausted. Maybe next season he can have some wingers to play with and support offense. The degree of times Lucic is turning the puck over (everytime he has it) means that the line is going up and down the ice more than normal. Rare are the times where Drai gets to have people to cycle with. Not a strong game tonight from Pulju either who looked out of sync all night. Its amazing how much a player can skate and basically rarely provide puck support or a passing target. Bad game by the whole line.

This is all true, but I can think of eight and a half million reasons why Leon needs to be better than that. He's supposed to be the line driving 2C who elevates his wingers FFS.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This is all true, but I can think of eight and a half million reasons why Leon needs to be better than that. He's supposed to be the line driving 2C who elevates his wingers FFS.

So how does one truly elevate players like Lucic? Seriously. The guy for whatever reason isn't even playing at an NHL level.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The difference between Drai and those players is that bad games are the norm for the others.

Comparing Drai to them isn't fair defense of his bad game because he doesn't belong in the same conversation. The norm for Drai is somewhere between above average and dominance, among the best 5 players on either team on the ice any given night.

I find it a little unfair that when Nuge (a player I'm vocal about defending) has a bad game or two, he's getting criticized for not playing like McDavid or Draisaitl, but when Drai has a bad game or two the defense is 'so did Lucic'?

Again, not criticizing the player's season, just the last couple games, yesterday night in particular.

No one is going to play 82 games at or above expectations. This season is one from hell and Draisaitl has done well in 80%-85% of the games played so far, which is great.

My premise is ENTIRELY different and perhaps borne of a different generation. To me there are players that have earned some leeway, that have delivered on their draft selection, that have been a very positive attribute to the club, and that have my grace. You will rarely if ever hear me criticize those players for those reasons. That they've earned benefit of doubt, my faith etc.

On this team these players are;

McD, Drai, Talbot, Larsson, Nurse. (Formerly Maroon, Hall)

That's it. Its the only ones. Everybody else on the team has had chronic and extended periods of time where they have delivered far worse than their best.

So that my opinion of players doesn't change on the basis of a few games. I find it pointless (jmo) to critique players that are generally excellent. To me it just doesn't make much sense to do that. It would be like phoning up my investments and bleating on because a great performing stock has had a couple bad weeks. Just no point in doing that. Great players are great, they will continue to be great. I tend to just enjoy those players rather than trying to find something wrong with them on the basis of very limited sample games and outcomes.

This approach makes sense to me and helps me to enjoy those players and keep enjoying them. Maybe it doesn't work for others.

hope this is clear

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

He's not elevating anyone right now. I've defended him in the past but he definitely tries harder when he plays with McDavid. That's not good.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Sure looked like the MCD line was out a lot against the Pavelski line and Dillon pairing. Doesn't this fcukwad ever try to get a matchup to our advantage? We were at home right? :huh: :help:

Reactions: McDaddy

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
^^Couldn't edit the above so I'll add it here. Some commentators have just earned my distrust. No point listening to much of what they say. Examples being Rishaug, Hrudey, Ferraro, even Friedman is entering into that territory. If they have significant bias I eventually ignore what they have to say. tbh I never even read Ferraro's comments on Draisaitl. I don't respect his opinion enough to attend to it. People can say the same about my posts, or anybodies and nobody is making anybody read anybody. To be clear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad