Post-Game Talk: Sharks 4 @ Canucks 1

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Note to Dorsett:

You have incredibly disappointed me, and most, this year.

It's almost impossible to count the ways.

It almost seemed like you tried tonight, for at least a few shifts. Was that for the scouts Dorsey?
Sorry, that effort level was few and far between and not enough to garnish your spoiled season.

Sad really, when your lack of effort results in no one wanting you - not even your current team.

Enjoy your contract...

Signed,

Sad.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Couldn't agree more. Brings more to the table, at a much lesser cost. He was in that little skit with Virtanen and McCann walking around NYC, that's says a lot IMO.

Exactly. And it's time the Crackman gets a little respect for this.

If only management noticed these things a little more than a nutbar with an undeserved contract waving arms and yelling like a child, with a 'character builder' label from management, we might begin to reset from a better place..

Not sure about the rest of you, but I'm all aboard the CrackTrain.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Here's my crazy thought why: Jimbo has not only shown us some questionable signings and trades (where value is seriously in question), but I think other GM's have certainly picked up on this.

They are probably massively low-balling Jimbo, in hopes that this trend continues. Plus he is, maybe, not respected - like Lou in TO.

Other GM's smell blood, and are going for the kill.

This is what happens when they see you bleed over and over again...

Must concur. When the other teams see you sinking, they don't throw you lifelines. They throw you anchors.

Jimbo's not helping his own cause with the deals he's done. Like this Shinkaruk deal; he comes out saying he went for a dman, but couldn't get one. Uh...so why'd you do the deal, Jim? So many times he goes into negotiations and comes out with his pants around his ankles. Of course that gets around.

So stupid that he apparently wants players not picks in his deals. Dude, you suck at trading, you suck at signing FAs...why just not stick to bloody drafting? The more picks you got, the more shots you get to get players. Duh...?

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Exactly. And it's time the Crackman gets a little respect for this.

If only management noticed these things a little more than a nutbar with an undeserved contract waving arms and yelling like a child, with a 'character builder' label from management, we might begin to reset from a better place..

Not sure about the rest of you, but I'm all aboard the CrackTrain.

I ****ing love Cracknell.

One of the best 4th liners we've had in a very long time.

Hard worker and he's got some talent in them hands.

ALL ABOARD THE CRACKTRAIN

CHOO CHOO MOFO

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Note to Dorsett:

You have incredibly disappointed me, and most, this year.

It's almost impossible to count the ways.

It almost seemed like you tried tonight, for at least a few shifts. Was that for the scouts Dorsey?
Sorry, that effort level was few and far between and not enough to garnish your spoiled season.

Sad really, when your lack of effort results in no one wanting you - not even your current team.

Enjoy your contract...

Signed,

Sad.

The worst part about it is that Dorsett's drop in play was completely predictable.

Couldn't agree more. Brings more to the table, at a much lesser cost. He was in that little skit with Virtanen and McCann walking around NYC, that's says a lot IMO.

I'm sure he's a good guy and all but that skit looked staged to me at least. I think there were videos of the 'kids' with Dorsett and another with Prust to let the fans think the guys they brought in are mentoring 'the kids'

The Crackman is a cheap 12/13 who has streaks of effective play and is rarely a liability which shows again how ridiculous it is to pay other fourth liners over 2 million dollars a year.

Last edited:

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Must concur. When the other teams see you sinking, they don't throw you lifelines. They throw you anchors.

Jimbo's not helping his own cause with the deals he's done. Like this Shinkaruk deal; he comes out saying he went for a dman, but couldn't get one. Uh...so why'd you do the deal, Jim? So many times he goes into negotiations and comes out with his pants around his ankles. Of course that gets around.

So stupid that he apparently wants players not picks in his deals. Dude, you suck at trading, you suck at signing FAs...why just not stick to bloody drafting? The more picks you got, the more shots you get to get players. Duh...?

Thank you! Great post! More people need to think about this.

I heard Ian M. on the radio tonight, where he basically 'laid down his own sword' on this topic, and I'm reminded of the apathy in our Canucks media.

How incredibly sad..

To almost just give up, and accept what others offer, without question and with a subservient smile.. How sad.
Time for a mensa injection and a backbone replacement.

Now, more than any other time in the last two decades, do we need our sports media to find their heads and common sense.

People need to seriously understand the situation we are in, and that other GM's are out for blood, and the kill.

If people don't understand how Jim Bennings' failures in the past, are going to affect us going forward, I have nothing more to say.

Well, at least until the next game...;)

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
I ****ing love Cracknell.

One of the best 4th liners we've had in a very long time.

Hard worker and he's got some talent in them hands.

ALL ABOARD THE CRACKTRAIN

CHOO CHOO MOFO

Chugga chugga Choo Choo!

Let's give the Crack some love! He deserves it!

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
The worst part about it is that Dorsett's drop in play was completely predictable.

I'm sure he's a good guy and all but that skit looked staged to me at least. I think there were videos of the 'kids' with Dorsett and another with Prust to let the fans think the guys they brought in are mentoring 'the kids'

The Crackman is a cheap 12/13 who has streaks of effective play and is rarely a liability which shows again how ridiculous it is to pay other fourth liners over 2 million dollars a year.

I respect your point of view of the Crackster, but I don't agree on most. What I do agree on, is the Crackman is a cheap 12/13. Is there really anything more important than this?

I see your having fun with the 'mentoring' stuff, and that's fun.. but I'm not buying your belief here.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I respect your point of view of the Crackster, but I don't agree on most. What I do agree on, is the Crackman is a cheap 12/13. Is there really anything more important than this?

I see your having fun with the 'mentoring' stuff, and that's fun.. but I'm not buying your belief here.

Fair enough. I like Cracknell for the most part. He works hard, is cheap, and does his job pretty well. No complaints.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Fair enough. I like Cracknell for the most part. He works hard, is cheap, and does his job pretty well. No complaints.

I hear ya. Seriously though, he seems like a good person in an uncomfortable situation, and is handling himself more than admirably. I respect that.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I hear ya. Seriously though, he seems like a good person in an uncomfortable situation, and is handling himself more than admirably. I respect that.

Cracknell seems like a guy that's just out there to have fun.

I actually think he's better than what we see but he has no interest for whatever reason in putting in the training involved to get that to next level and would rather have fun occasionally schooling opposing bottom 6 players.

Dude was a cross bar away last game from scoring another goal.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Cracknell seems like a guy that's just out there to have fun.

I actually think he's better than what we see but he has no interest for whatever reason in putting in the training involved to get that to next level and would rather have fun occasionally schooling opposing bottom 6 players.

Dude was a cross bar away last game from scoring another goal.

Interesting...hmmm...

I'm not sure either way about the 'no interest' comment, but there seems that he has at least a little more skill in the tank. Perhaps unknown...

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

The issue is, we have 6 guys that are 12/13 forwards. Once you have one "12/13th forward" that spout should be filled, and we should fill in the 6/7/8 forwards etc. Not a team full of 12/13.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad