Post-Game Talk: Sharks 4 @ Canucks 1

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
You know, after watching Sbisa cough up the tying goal, I'd be fine with trading him and holding on to Hamhuis....but we all know there's zero hope of that happening....They couldn't trade Sbisa's contract unless they retained at least 50 percent, and even that might not do it.

this would put a huge damper on any future tank plans

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
I was a little surprised that he didn't come out for his star...could be his last game as a Canuck.

Was like a home game for the Sharks, both guys came out and Hertl gave away a stick.

Some of the Canucks (not the Sedins) are probably still holding onto the thought of challenging for a wildcard spot. This game must've hurt.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yessiree...Winnick, Spaling and Polak are apparently all worth second rounders....but for some reason Jimbo doesn't seem to be able to even get a used hockey bag for any of our assets...I think what you're seeing is the reason so many GM's get recycled...teams would rather have someone who's actually had experience building an organization rather than a glorified scout from Beantown.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Yessiree...Winnick, Spaling and Polak are apparently all worth second rounders....but for some reason Jimbo doesn't seem to be able to even get a used hockey bag for any of our assets...I think what you're seeing is the reason so many GM's get recycled...teams would rather have someone who's actually had experience building an organization rather than a glorified scout from Beantown.

Horse has bolted on Vrbata but I'm still hopeful Benning doesn't completely waste the Hamhuis trade value.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Probably because there's nobody left to actually to want go to games right now.:laugh:

The only fans that count to Aquaman are the ones that choose (or not to) to renew season tickets....

I was actually suprised at the amount of people there, definitely more than it looks on TV most nights.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

Here's my crazy thought why: Jimbo has not only shown us some questionable signings and trades (where value is seriously in question), but I think other GM's have certainly picked up on this.

They are probably massively low-balling Jimbo, in hopes that this trend continues. Plus he is, maybe, not respected - like Lou in TO.

Other GM's smell blood, and are going for the kill.

This is what happens when they see you bleed over and over again...

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
On a lighter note:

I swear I almost wished I was wearing adult diapers (when I jumped and screamed, and scared a kid sitting in front of me) as Dorsey-horsey leaped in the air and almost scored.

Close call, and a photo finish leave of absence afterwards... :)

Now Benning...DO SOMETHING!

Nov 1, 2011
I was actually suprised at the amount of people there, definitely more than it looks on TV most nights.

4 pm game, good to take kids.

That's the reason I went.

4 lower bowls in the centre were $50 each which was about $20 more than I planned on spending per ticket.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Before I go back and do some reading, or sleep; many times (and many players on both teams) seemed to be treating this game like a casual Sunday afternoon skate. Go figure, I guess.

I really liked Biega's effort today. Little guy was skating with desire and effort, and finishing checks worthy of a player 4 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier.

Vey's line showed moments of sustained offensive zone effort, and desire.

Hansen had a few really nice shifts, filled with effort and speed.

Hammer faded in the second period, and I'm okay with that. Don't Hurt Hammer!

Somewhat disappointed with JV. He seemed to be taking notes, and numbers, for the next four games against this team, or they mentioned something to him, or he mailed it in. We'll find out..

Sedins did just okay, and that's okay by me. They're smart enough to see the big picture. They did just enough to not get overly called out during this game - and during this transition.

Now, Cracknell: Love his heart, head, and spirit.
Guy is on our most non-wanted list, waived this morning, and still showed an above level of decent effort tonight. Heck, he almost scored on a brilliant wrister..

I have nothing but incredible respect for the Crackman.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
4 pm game, good to take kids.

That's the reason I went.

4 lower bowls in the centre were $50 each which was about $20 more than I planned on spending per ticket.

Actually, it was nice to see all the families and kids having fun on the JumboTron.

The kids had a lot of fun!

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Now, Cracknell: Love his heart, head, and spirit.
Guy is on our most non-wanted list, waived this morning, and still showed an above level of decent effort tonight. Heck, he almost scored on a brilliant wrister..

I have nothing but incredible respect for the Crackman.

He is the ****. An exemplary teammate.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
He is the ****. An exemplary teammate.

Agreed. As an aside, he even seems to bond with the young guys. He puts in the effort to do so, and makes them feel comfortable.

Now this is a character guy you keep around - with a last name NOT starting with D.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Agreed. As an aside, he even seems to bond with the young guys. He puts in the effort to do so, and makes them feel comfortable.

Now this is a character guy you keep around - with a last name NOT starting with D.

For sure.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Just turned the game on since Sportsnet is re-airing it and I couldn't watch it earlier. The piece that they did on Larry Orr in the second intermission was absolutely incredible. Brought a couple tears to my eyes. Growing up we had a guy just like that. Makes hockey that much more special.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Couldn't agree more. Brings more to the table, at a much lesser cost. He was in that little skit with Virtanen and McCann walking around NYC, that's says a lot IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad