Sharks 3rd fastest team to 1.000 wins

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I don't understand the stat 1.0 wins?
Or is that suppose to be one thousand?

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Sharks have been good to great for so long. It's a testament to the players on the team and the management.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Are we talking about 1000 or one (1.000)?

I don't understand the stat 1.0 wins?
Or is that suppose to be one thousand?

I'll assume this isn't trolling, since it's not common knowledge. But the United States is in the minority with how they indicate decimals with a period and thousands separators with a comma. Most of the world switches them.

One thousand (with 2 decimal places):
1,000.00 in US
1.000,00 almost everywhere else

EDIT: here's a map from Wikipedia. Blue uses . for decimal. Green uses , for decimal. Canada does both (French speakers use , for decimal while English speakers use . for decimal)
300px-DecimalSeparator.svg.png

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I'll assume this isn't trolling, since it's not common knowledge. But the United States is in the minority with how they indicate decimals with a period and thousands separators with a comma. Most of the world switches them.

1,000.00 in US

EDIT: here's a map from Wikipedia. Blue uses . for decimal. Green uses , for decimal. Canada does both (French speakers use , for decimal while English speakers use . for decimal)

Weird, considering those are 2 different numbers

So they use 3,14 and not 3.14
Doesnt sound right

Suddenly Zyuzin

Jan 14, 2007
Edison, New Jersey
People can do the 0 cups thing all they want, but every year there can be only 1 cup winner. If the 29 other teams view every year they didn't win the cup as a failed season, then that's a sad existence, cause you are most likely not winning the cup every year. If you can't take joy and enjoyment out of a good team for 6 months unless they win the cup at the end, then that's probably the worst kind of fan to be and I feel sorry for you for being miserable almost always.

Sharks have been a model franchise for a long time now. Sure a cup or 2 would be nice, but it must be nice to be playing meaningful games just about every year. Most franchises don't get that.

Reactions: RockyMTNShark

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
They've been good for quite a long time, and have built an impressive hockey culture in the Bay Area. Congrats!

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
One of our best seasons was early on.

Second round vs Toronto. we had the 3-2 games lead about to go to the conference finals. I remember that overtime game. Garpenlov off the cross bar.

Who would have thought it would be an additional 10 years before we broke through

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
All "recent" expansion team have a better chance of accumulating wins faster with the changes that have been made in the 2000s (shootouts, 4on4 then 3on3 OT). A lot of those games ended up being tie games back in the days.

Same thing can be said about points, since a game can now give out 3 points...

They certainly have been more sucessful/constant in the regular season than the other expansions of that 1991-1994 era (FLA, TBL, ANA, OTT).

Fun fact; expansion fees for SJ were 45 millions in 1991.

Seattle is going to pay 650 millions!

Reactions: North Cole

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007

1,000.00 in US

obviously the green countries are wrong

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Theyve been one of the most consistent teams that I can remember. Good for them. Hope they get a cup at some point. Just not this year. :)

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
Ducks have the chance to beat this record. Currently at 928 Games Won and have played 1,946 Games Played. If they go .500 the rest of the way, they will beat the Sharks by a few games.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Sharks have been solid for a long time. Just dont have the playoff success to back it up. They remind me of the Canucks but more consistent over the years.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The Sharks have been a great team for a long time in the regular season, to their detriment when it comes to top draft picks each year. Fortunately they've made the best of the opportunities they've had.... unlike a bunch of other teams.

Their problem, until recently, has always been playoff performance. Not sure if thats because of bad luck or something else. Its so easy lose in a 7 game series... a goalie gets unbelievably hot, a team under performs for whatever reason, key critical injuries, lots or reasons...

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Starting from the 91-92 season,

Detroit, Pittsburgh, New Jersey, Dallas/Minnesota, Washington, Boston, St. Louis, Colorado/Quebec, Philadelphia, Rangers, Vancouver, MOntreal all had 1000 wins as well.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Starting from the 91-92 season,

Detroit, Pittsburgh, New Jersey, Dallas/Minnesota, Washington, Boston, St. Louis, Colorado/Quebec, Philadelphia, Rangers, Vancouver, MOntreal all had 1000 wins as well.

So are we pretending like all those teams were on equal footing with the Sharks? lol

Reactions: Individual 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad