Post-Game Talk: Sharks 3, Pens 2 (OT) - ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemieux66

May 19, 2016
They look like thugs out there to be honest, as if tackling people to the ground is supposed to be impressive hockey

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Billy Budd was called out because Kunitz was drawing even with the best player of the world.

And is Malkin not one of the best players in the world? I think that argument is worse to use for Malkin when he is an elite player as opposed to Kunitz when he is just playing with an elite player. I don't think either side using +/- as a defense is good.

And Malkin isn't even drawing even. His line got scored on the first time on the OT winner. And Geno assisted on both goals in Game seven against the Bolts.

And Chris Kunitz was a +29 in the regular season. That really doesn't say much about his production or his play, which was my primary complaint with Malkin in the first place. Kirk just brought up that crap defense of Malkin because he's an ultra fanboy of Malkin.

Malkin has 8 points in 15 games since the start of the Capitals series, has nearly doubt the amount of secondary assists to goals in the playoffs and doesn't have a point in the finals. I think it's completely fair to criticize his production.

Jackpot Jaret

Oct 22, 2014
It's just a shame to blow a cup to this team. The sharks are the most average cup final team I have seen. God knows we had plenty of chances.

The knee-jerk reactions of some Penguin fans are literally embarrassing.

GENO*

Feb 27, 2012
I guess thinking we would actually win it all with a rookie goalie was nieve. Honestly it's amazing he didn't break for so long.

BeatenLikeRentedMule

Mar 9, 2016
Super Mario Land
I'd start with shipping the lazy Russian back to his mother land. He really sucks.

Better to offer Geno and Fleury to the Oilers for Hall and Nugent-Hopkins plus their first round pick.

If they aren't willing to waive their NTCs, bench both or have 'em play in the AHL until they change their minds.

It's win-win for both organizations. :nod:

GENO*

Feb 27, 2012
Better to offer Geno and Fleury to the Oilers for Hall and Nugent-Hopkins plus their first round pick.

If they aren't willing to waive their NTCs, bench both or have 'em play in the AHL until they change their minds.

That is actually a real good trade. Doubt they would do it though but man they need a shake up.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
do you think matt murray is reading your posts? it is not up to us to coddle or bash him. if you want to complain about murray than imo you've forgotten who his backup is

I don't care who the backup is, and thats part of my point. If it was Fleury in net who let in those 3 goals we'd have a 15 page hatefest dedicated strictly to him! Murray needs to be held to the same standard from time to time as well. This could've easily been a win for us had he made those easy saves.

paracord

May 5, 2016
It's just a shame to blow a cup to this team. The sharks are the most average cup final team I have seen. God knows we had plenty of chances.

blow a cup? the pens are up 2-1 after 3 games. What in the world are you talking about? Are you some kind of psychic?

GENO*

Feb 27, 2012
blow a cup? the pens are up 2-1 after 3 games. What in the world are you talking about? Are you some kind of psychic?

Well you saw the game I take it. Murray has broken and we can't go back to a mentally fragile MAF. So unless we start potting 5-6 goals which seems unlikely I'd say it's over. Thanks Geno for showing up bud.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yep no b excuse for pissing away a game, even if you're up 3-0. Not unprecedented though. The flyers were awful in 2010 and still evened the series.

BlacknGold4life

Sep 22, 2014
Weak second goal on Murray and pens got absolutely jobbed by the officials tonight, should have won.

Utter Horse ******** that we lost. Murray let in that really soft one and we were to focused on forechecking rather than finishing the PK. But we did not deserve to win. (neither did the sharks) but we couldn't even make simple passes. It was embarrasing with that we were still the better team for a majority of the game. Sad to see this in a Stanley Cup final game.

With that Murary kept us in the game. If you want to win in the playoffs you have to get that third goal (at least) every game.

Also I would rather they just lay a slap of asphalt down and have them play. Probably better quality than the ice we were on last night. NHL NEEDS TO FIX THIS PROBLEM. It is embarrassing for the league not just SJS. If they aren't embarrassed they should be.

Refs continue to be horrible.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

That is actually a real good trade. Doubt they would do it though but man they need a shake up.

Except Malkin's full NMC and Flower's partial one prevent either from being sent down. And, this is the post game thread ... if you want to talk about trades, take it here (Consider that your thread warning)

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
If you told me this was Kris Letang's last game in a Pens uniform I wouldn't even be sad. Jesus, how many god-awful pinches can you have in one game?

Fortunately, we've typically got Dumo out there covering for him. I still feel more comfortable with him defensively than any other player on the roster.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Straight up, after hitting Malkins stick and into his face.

I get covering the bottom half, but you had two of your own guys guarding that. Make yourself big kid.

Full marks to Donskoi for making sure the shot got up over the block, though. If he didn't elevate it enough, it was just another notch in the "blocked shots" column for the Pens - similar to the Braun goal.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
This has been missed. :laugh:

As some have said, I think the last one might have been deflected. Not sure though.

At first, I thought it was a clean shot. Then the first few replays, I thought it was deflected. Then I watched more, and it looks like it did get through clean.

BeatenLikeRentedMule

Mar 9, 2016
Super Mario Land
Murray is what he is at this stage in his development. All Pens can do is limit the number of times opposing players get the time to put a shot over his crouched body and pray for the best.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Full marks to Donskoi for making sure the shot got up over the block, though. If he didn't elevate it enough, it was just another notch in the "blocked shots" column for the Pens - similar to the Braun goal.

It should have easily been blocked by Schultz. Any competent defenseman would have blocked it.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I have faith in Murray bouncing back, because I have no reason to think otherwise.

As for Letang, there's no rhyme or reason as to whether he's going to be especially brain dead on any given night. It's just unfortunate that it had to be on a night where Murray was so off.

Letang is such a polarizing player. He'll play games where he looks like he's the best defenseman in the world, then others where he looks like they're giving a #6 defenseman 25 minutes.

Lemieux66

May 19, 2016
Murray is holding 2 to 3 goals, that's very good for a rookie in the SCF. Our offense needs to generate more and finish on these chances, simple as that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad