Post-Game Talk: Sharks 3 @ Canucks 1: Schedule the eulogy for one week from now.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yeah, even if Boeser has a solid rookie season next year and Eriksson rebounds, we're still going to be a bottom 5 team. Which I'm fine with just as long as they keep selling vets, don't sign anyone expensive in UFA, hire a decent coach, etc.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Listen, I am not some sort of coaching expert.

But when Boesers best attribute is his shot, and you have him on the PP, and you play him on the mid/low hashmarks, that makes zero ****ing sense.

Like absolutely zero, Either play him on the point, or put him on the high marks ala AO.

I seems kind of obvious to everyone that has seen him play except our coaches.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Well Linden was already talking about addressing the scoring in the summer so I fully expect them to do something stupid with picks or the actual decent players on the team.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Well Linden was already talking about addressing the scoring in the summer so I fully expect them to do something stupid with picks or the actual decent players on the team.

The UFA market is pretty empty, two 30 goalscorers in Oshie/Eaves ,three 20 goalscorers in Marleau/Williams/Hanzal (Hanzal 19 in 68 games).

It doesnt matter how much Linden/Benning wants to add scoring cause there almost no scoring to be found. But hey they can always sign Iginla for 4 million or something

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
The UFA market is pretty empty, two 30 goalscorers in Oshie/Eaves ,three 20 goalscorers in Marleau/Williams/Hanzal (Hanzal 19 in 68 games).

It doesnt matter how much Linden/Benning wants to add scoring cause there almost no scoring to be found. But hey they can always sign Iginla for 4 million or something

With our luck, they'll probably see Eaves as a "unique opportunity" and throw the Eriksson deal at him.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The problem is they have this new found defensive depth don't ya know. THey also have some picks. I don't expect them to go out on the UFA market this summer. I expect them to do some poor professional scouting and make a bad trade setting the team further back.

Man I hope they aren't in charge 10 days from now.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
The problem is they have this new found defensive depth don't ya know. THey also have some picks. I don't expect them to go out on the UFA market this summer. I expect them to do some poor professional scouting and make a bad trade setting the team further back.

Man I hope they aren't in charge 10 days from now.

The thing is, Linden wouldn't be saying these things if there wasn't a mandate from ownership. New bosses with the same mandate are going to suck just as bad.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
We'll probably get more offense from Boeser and Eriksson next season.

Baertschi and Horvat will probably have a little (not a lot) more to give too, as they grow into bigger roles.

However I do expect Granlund's numbers to fall a bit. He's a bit of a shooting percentage mirage. I'd also expect Sutter's numbers to fall a bit as there's no way he get's as much PP time/ice-time in general next season. Brandon Sutter is the #2 forward on this team by ice-time! Christ, what a season.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
The thing is, Linden wouldn't be saying these things if there wasn't a mandate from ownership. New bosses with the same mandate are going to suck just as bad.

Who knows, maybe the new bosses have enough integrity to tell the Aquillinis the truth about this team rather than nod their heads and say whatever they think the owner wants to hear?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You just knew Goldobin would find his way into Willie's dog-house in record time....I have no idea why they just didn't move him from the Sharks AHL affiliate to Utica....he'd be playing under a better coach and in the heat of a playoff race, and getting big minutes on the pp and on the first line.

Instead they bring him to VanCity, where he's subjected to the Virtanen, McCann and Boucher mind-games and the media bubble that goes with it.

When Willie looks back on this trainwreck of a season, surely he has to understand that it's the veterans who let him down, not the kids....but right to the end, he'll gift ice-time to AHL 'tweeners and under-performing and overpaid veterans, and claim it's all 'part of the culture' of young players 'having to earn it"....What a sad mess.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Meanwhile, Sutter said Goldobin needed to find his balls:

Kuzma - The Province said:
In that respect, Sutter knows what to expect Tuesday from Goldobin and is hoping to see an added dimension.

“When he has the puck he makes pretty good plays,” said Sutter. “The challenge for him is the other side of it, what to do without the puck and that takes some time to really learn it. You have to have the want to get the puck to go into the corners and the hard areas.

“To do that, you have to have grit and balls and he has to find that.”

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Meanwhile, Sutter said Goldobin needed to find his balls:

Wow!....did Sutter really say this about Goldobin?.....this, from a totally overpaid guy who's as soft as butter in his own zone and is gifted big minutes on the pp, without generating anything.

What the hell is happening to this team?.....so much for developing "a team culture". Ryan Miller has more leadership in his little pinky than this entire coaching staff or the rest of this lackluster veteran core...Pathetic, really.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Good for Miller. Not really a fan of him at all but if this is true, this is definitely a good look for him as long as it wasn't facetious in nature.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad