Post-Game Talk: Sharks 3 @ Canucks 1: Schedule the eulogy for one week from now.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Even our media has given up on game day previews. You get Sharks media instead.

Sharks vs. Canucks Preview: San Jose looks to rebound against Vancouver

The Sharks have lost eight of their last nine.

San Jose heads to Vancouver looking to get back on track having lost eight of its last nine games. Puck drop is scheduled for 4 p.m. as the Sharks face Nikolay Goldobin for the first time since the Russian forward was traded for Jannik Hansen.

Things are not good for the Sharks right now (water is also wet) as they have given up 26 goals in their last five games. That is a lot of goals! The goaltending has been bad, the defense has been bad and frankly, the offense hasn’t been a lot better as the Sharks have scored more than two goals in one (1) game (their win against the Rangers).

http://www.fearthefin.com/2017/4/2/...w-san-jose-looks-to-rebound-against-vancouver

Last edited by a moderator:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I am so tired of people reposting other crap posts when they don't know hockey nor can they do grade 1 math.

Headslapper. :cry:

TOI from Chaput's last 5 games:

15:18
17:23
17:58
19:45
14:28

3/5 games over 17 minutes.

Headslapper.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Some sports are meant to be enjoyed as a participant rather than a spectator IMHO (take bowling for example).

Bowling is super fun. I went to one MLB game back in 1991 or something. Walked out after the third inning. It's so much more brutal in real life. The plays like a line drive to the shortstop take an eternity. Looks and feels like slo pitch.

I hear what you're saying though.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Thanks ... for the record both Sedins, Sutter, Bo, and Sven have played more. I would have searched further but who should be playing more?

Not that it matters *that* much to me, but I'd see more value in playing Goldobin and/or Boucher those additional minutes. Really push them and see how they respond to the opportunity. But we all know Willie likes his defensive guys who can't score so I'm hardly surprised. Obviously it's what the paying fan wants to see.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Not that it matters *that* much to me, but I'd see more value in playing Goldobin and/or Boucher those additional minutes. Really push them and see how they respond to the opportunity. But we all know Willie likes his defensive guys who can't score so I'm hardly surprised. Obviously it's what the paying fan wants to see.

Yeah, Goldobin is getting 11-12. He hasn't earned anything IMHO and I don't think throwing darts is the right approach to pro hockey. Boucher is similar. Unfortunately he has zero drive to go along with his exciting skill set. I don't think he'll be back, but I see Chapoopie in the future.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Yeah, Goldobin is getting 11-12. He hasn't earned anything IMHO and I don't think throwing darts is the right approach to pro hockey. Boucher is similar. Unfortunately he has zero drive to go along with his exciting skill set. I don't think he'll be back, but I see Chapoopie in the future.

Can we stop this "he hasn't earn it" ********?
Does Sutter/Magna earned anything?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

What has Chaput done to "earn" a top 6 role exactly?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm guessing Eriksson makes an appearance tonight?

I don't think there's been any update on Eriksson, but I believe Desjardins said yesterday that Megna is good to go.

giphy.gif

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Can we stop this "he hasn't earn it" ********?
Does Sutter/Magna earned anything?

I think he simply plays the game better. They both do. I think it serves the team better than just throwing hope out there.

I mean that's why you play. Because you deserve it. Not because some fan who never attends practice wants it to be so.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I think he simply plays the game better. They both do. I think it serves the team better than just throwing hope out there.

I mean that's why you play. Because you deserve it. Not because some fan who never attends practice wants it to be so.

Playing a defensive player in a top 6 role when the team can't score any goals to begin with doesn't serve the team.

The goal isn't to "reward" players, its to win games and entertain the fans.

I'm sure Chaput is a great guy and he works hard with his limited skill set. But he shouldn't be anywhere near a top 6.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
What has Chaput done to "earn" a top 6 role exactly?

The guy can play hockey. I don't understand all the hate. He played admirably. He's given his life to hockey and he's just as good or better than the rest of the crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad