Sharks 2019-2020 season done

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Mods move this if not appropriate in this thread but I just read an article saying we might have interest in Georgiev at the draft. I know we need to improve our goaltending but please, let's not trade more picks and further mortgage off our future this draft. If the Rangers will take a guy like Labanc I'd probably bite.
I'd like to keep Labanc but I think it's gonan come down to fit. I'm not sure if we're gonna be playing a style that fits in with what Labanc brings. Holistically, I think Labanc meshes with the more open offensive game that New York is playing nowadays. We'll probably end up regretting that trade but I'd be reasonably on board with doing it.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I dont touch Labanc for Georg straight up. Maybe if they add a second rounder or something. I just dont think we can afford to lose our only RH forward because we dont have any replacements, and they wont be that easy to find this offseason.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Mods move this if not appropriate in this thread but I just read an article saying we might have interest in Georgiev at the draft. I know we need to improve our goaltending but please, let's not trade more picks and further mortgage off our future this draft. If the Rangers will take a guy like Labanc I'd probably bite.

i haven’t been on the fire DW train at all but if he trades more futures for another f***ing goalie then I’ll be out on the front lines.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Proposal: cancel everything. It's not fair to the lightning that we have their first rounder. So we should return all first rounders too

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Can't see the Rangers valuing Labanc that much given their current roster. I'd rather make an offer for Strome than Georgiev. Any goaltending adds should be through free agency.

I'd rather sign Crawford for one year for a large figure than trade assets for a goalie. It's poor asset management.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Can't see the Rangers valuing Labanc that much given their current roster. I'd rather make an offer for Strome than Georgiev. Any goaltending adds should be through free agency.

I'd rather sign Crawford for one year for a large figure than trade assets for a goalie. It's poor asset management.

I agree about not trading Labanc for Georgiev - but a hard no to Strome. No way.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose

I agree with this. Next summer I’m sure there will be good goalies that teams won’t be able to easily protect from the expansion draft. If Jones doesn’t have an outstanding year, we will have a protection slot available that we could use to get a good goalie on the cheap.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I agree about not trading Labanc for Georgiev - but a hard no to Strome. No way.

Team needs forward depth and while I'm not big on Strome either, he'd help the depth by allowing the team to transition Couture to wing which they need to move towards very quickly to not absolutely get murdered by that contract.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Team needs forward depth and while I'm not big on Strome either, he'd help the depth by allowing the team to transition Couture to wing which they need to move towards very quickly to not absolutely get murdered by that contract.

I'm not convinced Strome would fare too much better than Couture in that role if he isn't being flanked by Artemi Panarin.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Don't think we're still interested in Georgiev. Labanc straight up for him would be horrible, even after the season Labanc had. Big question mark for me is goaltending. I believe Melnichuk will be the starter at some point during the next season. I also wouldn't mind Dell as backup and figuring out a way of just moving on from Jones, somehow, someway. His time has come and gone.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Don't think we're still interested in Georgiev. Labanc straight up for him would be horrible, even after the season Labanc had. Big question mark for me is goaltending. I believe Melnichuk will be the starter at some point during the next season. I also wouldn't mind Dell as backup and figuring out a way of just moving on from Jones, somehow, someway. His time has come and gone.

You think Melnichuk will be starting sometime next season? That’s quite optimistic.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia

He has not broken 20 goals in his career (probably would have this season to be fair), and his 41 assists this season was his highest in his NHL career. This compares to 16 in 18-19, 21 in 17-18, 17 in 16-17.

He is a middle six forward IMO, and should not be targeted for a top six role. He has benefitted from playing with Panarin, and we simply do not have a player that can carry him the same way.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He has not broken 20 goals in his career (probably would have this season to be fair), and his 41 assists this season was his highest in his NHL career. This compares to 16 in 18-19, 21 in 17-18, 17 in 16-17.

He is a middle six forward IMO, and should not be targeted for a top six role. He has benefitted from playing with Panarin, and we simply do not have a player that can carry him the same way.

And he'd have the benefit of playing with Burns and Karlsson and given the alternatives that may be available, he's better than most. I'd like to have more players that show they can play with elite talent. We don't have a lot of that now.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Sharks getting jackshit this season was completely deserved what an abomination of a season. It'll be interesting to see what DW does at the draft and off-season, few players that I would want to shed moving forward.

This 24 team playoff is a joke as well, trying to finish the rest of the season amidst a pandemic, where it only takes a few people to contract the virus to completely de-rail the whole thing is ridiculous. But they must have it all figured out.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ

giphy.gif

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad