Sharks 2015 Offseason Talk: Rumors, Trades, Signings, Proposals. Part XI

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
That's an interesting comment. What do you mean by that? Are you saying that Franson benefits from playing on a team with low expectations?

I figured that he made the mistake of asking for too much at the start of free agency, and now, teams don't have that much cap space available.

I guess. He looked decent on poorly coached Toronto teams but went belly up with Nashville, a team that plays a structured system. Not once but twice under two different coaching staffs.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I guess. He looked decent on poorly coached Toronto teams but went belly up with Nashville, a team that plays a structured system. Not once but twice under two different coaching staffs.

This was my take on the situation as well. His poor play in Nashville has made teams hesitant to give him the big money and term he wants. I can see him signing a one of two year prove it deal sometime before camps start.

HughJazz3dg

Jun 27, 2011
Wishing you guys luck. I am way more optimistic for your team than you are it seems.

I'm telling you, Pete Deboer was a good pick up. The man can be a tactical genius at times. One of the main reasons why the Devils were at all relevant since Parise left.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The Sharks have plenty of D-men who can move the puck well. But the Sharks need someone with some offensive pop in the opponent's zone...only Burns really fits that bill. The Sharks need such a D-man for the 2nd PP unit alone.

Franson isn't that defenseman. He has his weaknesses when the puck is in his own zone, and he's prone to handling the puck poorly under pressure. On a cheap contract, I would like to get him and then move someone like Braun or Dillon for a significant defensive upgrade (or even up front!).

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
The Sharks have plenty of D-men who can move the puck well. But the Sharks need someone with some offensive pop in the opponent's zone...only Burns really fits that bill. The Sharks need such a D-man for the 2nd PP unit alone.

Franson isn't that defenseman. He has his weaknesses when the puck is in his own zone, and he's prone to handling the puck poorly under pressure. On a cheap contract, I would like to get him and then move someone like Braun or Dillon for a significant defensive upgrade (or even up front!).

Let's say we sign Franson. Wonder what a package of Dillon + say, Karlsson or another young forward get us. An offensive RH dman?

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Missing the playoffs makes the offseason seem to take forever

Holy crap

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Franson is not very good. Maybe if he can be had for a 1 year 1 mill but otherwise I'd stay away.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I agree - $2M max for me. 1 yr, maybe 2 yrs. I just don't know if I like Tennyson only in that 3rd RD slot. I'd like some competition there.

Franson is not very good. Maybe if he can be had for a 1 year 1 mill but otherwise I'd stay away.

Not Franson's biggest fan, but I think he'd be great at 2 million/year! Understandably, the market might force him to take a contract like that, but he is definitely underpaid at that number.

Right now, I'd prefer him on the ice over Dillon, and maybe even Braun; both are making more than 2 million/year.

No it doesn't lol. They finished 22nd in the league last year.

I don't think he was being serious. Just trying to stir the pot.

thasanjoseshawksdood*

Wishing you guys luck. I am way more optimistic for your team than you are it seems.

I'm telling you, Pete Deboer was a good pick up. The man can be a tactical genius at times. One of the main reasons why the Devils were at all relevant since Parise left.

Thanks men. I think he is too and itll be interesting to see what he does. :yo:

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Supposedly, Kopitar and the Kings aren't close.

If he gets to UFA, should DW go after him? What's he worth? Tempting if around a 5 or 6 year deal.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Heh. I wonder how LA fans would feel about Kopitar signing with San Jose. I'm imagining a lot of disowning and devaluing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad