Speculation: Sharks 2015-2016 Roster Talk: Rumors, Roster, Proposals. Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Tierney as biggest piece for Kadri is something I am willing to trade. Like Tierney + 2nd. If Toronto wants more than that, no thanks then.

And if we are trading for rental Dman I think that Hamhuis might be a good target. We could pair him with Burns (Hamhuis-Burns pairing looked really good at 2015 WC). And while Polak has been good at Toronto I think he isn't a player we should look at. Also is rumored that Ducks are going to trade Vatanen. He would be perfect for us. I wonder if we could make some trade around Marleau to get Vatanen.

Overall if we are going to get Dman we should target some puck moving Dman who can play on our second PP unit. Not physical stay at home Dman.

If we are going to add forward I would target Lee Stempniak. Also Ladd and Eriksson would interest me but their price could be too high.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
Tierney as biggest piece for Kadri is something I am willing to trade. Like Tierney + 2nd. If Toronto wants more than that, no thanks then.

And if we are trading for rental Dman I think that Hamhuis might be a good target. We could pair him with Burns (Hamhuis-Burns pairing looked really good at 2015 WC). And while Polak has been good at Toronto I think he isn't a player we should look at. Also is rumored that Ducks are going to trade Vatanen. He would be perfect for us. I wonder if we could make some trade around Marleau to get Vatanen.

Overall if we are going to get Dman we should target some puck moving Dman who can play on our second PP unit. Not physical stay at home Dman.

If we are going to add forward I would target Lee Stempniak. Also Ladd and Eriksson would interest me but their price could be too high.
Hamhius as a rental and Stempniak in the off-season.

Sounds good to me. :handclap:

Vlasic - Braun
Hamhius - Burns
Dillon - Martin
Demelo

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What would the Sharks have salary wise to send to the leafs for kadri?

Right now, they would have to send about 2 mil back. But they'd probably want to send a little more back than that just to have breathing room for call-ups.

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
I'm a Kadri fan and would love to add him to our core. He would have a big impact this season and moving forward. It's tough to gauge his value though.

I also think a big deal with the leafs could fill a lot of holes for us. Kadri, Reimer and Polak would really solidify this team down the stretch and into the playoffs. Obviously our cap space isn't unlimited but Toronto could eat some money to make it work.

Pieces we have to offer: Goldobin, Mueller, Chartier, Nieto, Stalock and picks. It would great to keep Tierney, Meier and Roy.

Based on those options, how would you piece it together?

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
I know everyone's on Reimer (and I was too -- before this season), but his value's just way too high now. We should've gone after him earlier when it wasn't. We should offer them something for Jonathan Bernier while his value's in the tank. Even in his worst season, he's an upgrade on Al Stalock.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Yeah reimer is going to cost too much and will want more that the Sharks can give him next year to be a backup. Need someone cheaper. I like the idea of Berra because he is cheap ($1.something ish for another year after this).

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah reimer is going to cost too much and will want more that the Sharks can give him next year to be a backup. Need someone cheaper. I like the idea of Berra because he is cheap ($1.something ish for another year after this).

Problem with Berra is that he's hurt and hasn't played since early December. He started skating the Monday before last but they'd have to see where he's at before making a move on him if that's a target.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
26 more days lol.

It seems like a while but since he's a backup and injured, they may be lucky to see one game out of him before the deadline. The other issue is that Colorado may not be too willing to take back a goalie themselves with Pickard doing pretty good in the backup spot.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What about Dan Boyle for that last RHD spot?

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Dillon-Boyle

UFA at the end of the year and wouldn't cost more than a 5th

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Dillon-Boyle

Dillon is good, but boyle is worse then what we have right now on the team. And at almost 5 times the price.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Dillon-Boyle

Looking at the Dan Boyle thread in the Rangers' forum, they've all been *****ing about how terrible he is now, and that he needs to be benched. They also note that it is not a coincidence that their PP is one of the worst in the league because Boyle is the QB for their PP.

So yeah. If the people watching him day by day are saying he's terrible, especially on the defensive end, I have absolutely no interest in bringing him back.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Looking at the Dan Boyle thread in the Rangers' forum, they've all been *****ing about how terrible he is now, and that he needs to be benched. They also note that it is not a coincidence that their PP is one of the worst in the league because Boyle is the QB for their PP.

So yeah. If the people watching him day by day are saying he's terrible, especially on the defensive end, I have absolutely no interest in bringing him back.

So DW was right not to give him that 2 year contract I guess. :)

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
I don't remember critique of handling Boyle's situation as a Shark. Is there a reason we're defending / bad-mouthing him here?

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I don't remember critique of handling Boyle's situation as a Shark. Is there a reason we're defending / bad-mouthing him here?

Uh, because he was mentioned in a trade proposal and it was mentioned that he's apparently sucking in the second year of a contract he demanded and kept him from remaining a Shark for another year? I love Boyle. 1 of my 3 Jerseys. A little disappointed that he wouldn't sign a 1 year deal. That's all.

What's your problem with the discussion?

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Uh, because he was mentioned in a trade proposal and it was mentioned that he's apparently sucking in the second year of a contract he demanded and kept him from remaining a Shark for another year? I love Boyle. 1 of my 3 Jerseys. A little disappointed that he wouldn't sign a 1 year deal. That's all.

What's your problem with the discussion?

I didn't feel like that trade proposal warranted much response. I mean, it's not really an option. Boyle did what was best for him. Sharks did theirs. That's done.

My problem with the discussion is that I don't like bad mouthing former players. Especially vets that did what they could and eventually ran their course with the team.

It's all very similar to the Nolan talks a while back. I just don't like it when it devolves into making guys out to less than how should be remembered.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I didn't feel like that trade proposal warranted much response. I mean, it's not really an option. Boyle did what was best for him. Sharks did theirs. That's done.

My problem with the discussion is that I don't like bad mouthing former players. Especially vets that did what they could and eventually ran their course with the team.

It's all very similar to the Nolan talks a while back. I just don't like it when it devolves into making guys out to less than how should be remembered.

I never said I didn't like Boyle. I understood completely him wanting a 2 year contract, it was absolutely his right. I hope the team gives him a Nabokov special and trades for him in the offseason for future considerations, so he can retire a Shark if that's something he wants to do, as he was that important a piece for a long time. (as an aside, this is something I'd hope they offer to Cheechoo too when he decides to hang them up for good.) I have absolutely no issues with anything about Dan Boyle except for his current level of play. DW was right to not agree to a 2nd year. I'm no DW fan, but this one he got right. Like I also stated, I would be very against acquiring Boyle to play for us this season, because of the aforementioned play issues.

I don't see how being objective about his current play level, and thus the lack of desirability as a trade acquisition, necessarily means we're trying to denigrate the service he put in while he was here.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I love Boyle but DW was right not to re-sign him two years ago. IIRC, Boyle was a bit salty about that.

Absolutely agree with that. Boyle was cooked after that dirty hit, and DW was totally right to not offer him a 2-year deal. Boyle can **** off if he's upset about that. He was a great player, and I really appreciate what he did for this franchise. However, he's been terrible since that concussion and didn't deserve a 2 year contract.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Absolutely agree with that. Boyle was cooked after that dirty hit, and DW was totally right to not offer him a 2-year deal. Boyle can **** off if he's upset about that. He was a great player, and I really appreciate what he did for this franchise. However, he's been terrible since that concussion and didn't deserve a 2 year contract.

*bolded: This is what I'm talking about. One dude makes a crazy trade proposal and this is the type of stuff I read. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad