Speculation: Sharks 2015-2016 Roster Talk: Rumors, Roster, Proposals. Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm inclined to side with this opinion. Like I'll never disparage Couture's shot blocking abilities but Russell I will.

Exactly. This season, the Sharks are blocking a ton of shots. That's not because we're a bad possession team, because our fenwick (which doesn't count blocked shots) is significantly better than our corsi. This is proof that the Sharks large number of blocked shots is a product of a systematic change (which is visible when you watch the games) rather than being stuck in our own zone a lot (like the Flames and Russell).

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Exactly. This season, the Sharks are blocking a ton of shots. That's not because we're a bad possession team, because our fenwick (which doesn't count blocked shots) is significantly better than our corsi. This is proof that the Sharks large number of blocked shots is a product of a systematic change (which is visible when you watch the games) rather than being stuck in our own zone a lot (like the Flames and Russell).

Russell isn't the only one on the Flames stuck in his own zone a lot.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Right, but Russell is a big part of why the Flames suck.

Yeah, that's exaggeration. There's also a large majority of their forwards that contribute to why the Flames suck...oh and they're coached by Bob Hartley who wouldn't know a possession system if it slapped him in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad