Speculation: Sharks 2015-2016 Roster Talk: Rumors, Roster, Proposals. Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Fingers crossed. :) I think I'd prefer Drouin at this point though. Could be had for less and we are already stacked with centers. Unless, well here's something I've been tossing around: A three-way trade involving Johansen, Seth Jones, and Couture. We get Johansen, the Preds get Logan, and the Jackets get Jones. Why? Because the Preds may want a more proven two-way center like Logan to load up for their run. Their window basically closes as soon as Weber leaves his prime; Logan is a better player for the next couple of years and fits their playstyle better. In my deal, we'd get Rychel from CBJ and CBJ would get something solid like Fiala from Nashville. Then we have Johansen-Hertl-Tierney down the middle for the foreseeable future. Heck, go for Drouin too! Meier+Mueller+, have a young forward corps of Johansen, Hertl, Drouin, Tierney, Goldobin.

Pipe dream, I know. :laugh:

I do those types of prospect trades all the time in EHM so I'm down for it. Another nice touch in that game is how the AI always favors low IQ physical defensive defensemen

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Fingers crossed. :) I think I'd prefer Drouin at this point though. Could be had for less and we are already stacked with centers. Unless, well here's something I've been tossing around: A three-way trade involving Johansen, Seth Jones, and Couture. We get Johansen, the Preds get Logan, and the Jackets get Jones. Why? Because the Preds may want a more proven two-way center like Logan to load up for their run. Their window basically closes as soon as Weber leaves his prime; Logan is a better player for the next couple of years and fits their playstyle better. In my deal, we'd get Rychel from CBJ and CBJ would get something solid like Fiala from Nashville. Then we have Johansen-Hertl-Tierney down the middle for the foreseeable future. Heck, go for Drouin too! Meier+Mueller+, have a young forward corps of Johansen, Hertl, Drouin, Tierney, Goldobin.

Pipe dream, I know. :laugh:

Nice new spin on the couture for Jones ....

Am spitballing ideas... What would you think of:

Logan + Patty (@50%) for Drouin + Killorn + Carle for cap reasons (and maybe stalock's cousin Wilcox)

We get younger, Tampa gets 2/3 of our top shut-down line and a move like this might entice a few more of our NMC/NTC players to opt out.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Jones for Johansen straight up is done.

Nice new spin on the couture for Jones ....

Am spitballing ideas... What would you think of:

Logan + Patty (@50%) for Drouin + Killorn + Carle for cap reasons (and maybe stalock's cousin Wilcox)

We get younger, Tampa gets 2/3 of our top shut-down line and a move like this might entice a few more of our NMC/NTC players to opt out.

That's utterly HORRENDOUS.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
This is ridiculous. For all we know Nashville didn't want Logan or didn't want to trade in the conference. Jesus. Relax
I am not referring to the Nashville trade.

I am saying that, DW has done nothing major to fix the team when it comes to TDL.
He would only go for small pieces in the last hour of TDL.

Hence, he F-ed up.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I am not referring to the Nashville trade.

I am saying that, DW has done nothing major to fix the team when it comes to TDL.
He would only go for small pieces in the last hour of TDL.

Hence, he F-ed up.

That's your opinion. I don't think DW needs to do anything major to fix the team. And it's January 6th. Relax.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
That's your opinion. I don't think DW needs to do anything major to fix the team. And it's January 6th. Relax.

With seth jones now off the table, if we were to trade couture, where would you send him and for what kind of return?

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
Just got to thinking, Seth Jones + Werenski in a few seasons makes a pretty nice top pair of the future fro the jackets....

Why cant we have nice things to play with.

Because we haven't drafted that high in a long time...

Because DW ****ed up, that's why .

This is ridiculous. For all we know Nashville didn't want Logan or didn't want to trade in the conference. Jesus. Relax

Well, i'm glad that is over.

With seth jones now off the table, if we were to trade couture, where would you send him and for what kind of return?

:laugh:

:popcorn:

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Nobody remotely available.

You need to relax, dude, Marleau and Couture for Drouin, Killorn, and Carle? Two first liners for an unproven albeit talented prospect, a guy who is seriously underperforming right now and was overrated to begin with, and a pure cap dump over two more years past this one? Just horrendous. Absolutely horrendous.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Nobody remotely available.

You need to relax, dude, Marleau and Couture for Drouin, Killorn, and Carle? Two first liners for an unproven albeit talented prospect, a guy who is seriously underperforming right now and was overrated to begin with, and a pure cap dump over two more years past this one? Just horrendous. Absolutely horrendous.

Its self appraisal time at work and am playing hooky. (worked 80+ hours last week and am burnt). May be a bit punch drunk from lack of sleep.

I do believe DW will need to make an unpopular trade from our core to break the ice. Have been thinking if he could get two good young pieces (ignore my above flailing attempt) for couture, it would likely trigger some of our vets agreeing to a trade as well. (Cause trading couture likely closes whatever small window we might have been holding on to for this season and next).

Either DW does something soon, or does nothing. I'm tired of nothing.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Its self appraisal time at work and am playing hooky. (worked 80+ hours last week and am burnt). May be a bit punch drunk from lack of sleep.

I do believe DW will need to make an unpopular trade from our core to break the ice. Have been thinking if he could get two good young pieces (ignore my above flailing attempt) for couture, it would likely trigger some of our vets agreeing to a trade as well. (Cause trading couture likely closes whatever small window we might have been holding on to for this season and next).

Either DW does something soon, or does nothing. I'm tired of nothing.

Are you forgetting that whole "we don't have our 2016 1st" business?

Don't worry about it, I just don't understand your logic. Why is Logan the guy who has to be traded? What is the point in trading Marleau, the best player whom we have ever drafted and who has over 1000 points playing for us, for a crappy return? Couture could get Drouin+Killorn+ on his own. I also don't think you understand how crappy Carle is. I would rather ice Dylan Demelo than Matt Carle, and you all know how much I hate Demelo.

Good call, Jux.

...What did I call?

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Are you forgetting that whole "we don't have our 2016 1st" business?

Don't worry about it, I just don't understand your logic. Why is Logan the guy who has to be traded? What is the point in trading Marleau, the best player whom we have ever drafted and who has over 1000 points playing for us, for a crappy return? Couture could get Drouin+Killorn+ on his own. I also don't think you understand how crappy Carle is. I would rather ice Dylan Demelo than Matt Carle, and you all know how much I hate Demelo.

Who could we trade? My thinking is as follows: Pavelski is off the block. New Captain with an NTC. They are building around him. Jumbo won't waive his NMC even if, or especially if, DW asked. Marleau....maybe. Couture, his NTC doesn't kick in until July, so if your gonna do it, next few months would be the time. Martin/Ward, both just signed and can't recall DW selling a recent UFA acquisition, ever. Most of our bottom six have little trade value by themselves. Vlasic, cornerstone of our D also homegrown with an NTC, unlikely.....

Boil it all down, our most likely trade chips, neither of which are great options for the holes they create, are Couture and Braun.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Who could we trade? My thinking is as follows: Pavelski is off the block. New Captain with an NTC. They are building around him. Jumbo won't waive his NMC even if, or especially if, DW asked. Marleau....maybe. Couture, his NTC doesn't kick in until July, so if your gonna do it, next few months would be the time. Martin/Ward, both just signed and can't recall DW selling a recent UFA acquisition, ever. Most of our bottom six have little trade value by themselves. Vlasic, cornerstone of our D also homegrown with an NTC, unlikely.....

Boil it all down, our most likely trade chips, neither of which are great options for the holes they create, are Couture and Braun.

Another way to interpret that is "the Sharks do not have the pieces to make a blockbuster trade" and leave it at that.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
That kings trade is funny. Hopefully those players don't actually get any good.

I Am Sidney Crosby*

They didn't want to trade in the conference, but were ok with trading inside their division? Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA