GDT: Sharknado in San Jose

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Obviously rough night for Lack...rust from not playing, poor team defense, and a bad bounce on that third goal...who starts the next game? Cam is the number 1 at this point and typically would start...but I'm sure Eddie would like another crack at it to put this one behind him...hope he gets another start quickly.

Been saying this for a while. We've had a lot of backups over the years and not one of them has been able to find the same level of play that Ward has. And it's not like that's a high standard to live up to.

You could've left out the last part.

Not if he wanted to reflect the reality of the past half decade.

In the past five years, the only year Ward hasn't provided at least NHL average starter performance was 2013-14...he was a disaster that year due to a combination of injuries and loss of confidence.

Instead of concluding that the standard he has set is poor, we should consider that the standard of providing average/adequate starting goalie performance in the NHL is not easily achievable.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Instead of concluding that the standard he has set is poor, we should consider that the standard of providing average/adequate starting goalie performance in the NHL is not easily achievable.

I would add the qualifier, "on this team." The Hurricanes defense has been atrocious for the past 5 years or so. No goalie looks good on this team because our d is so bad.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Sharks fan here...

Wanted to know if a Canes fan holding a sign that says "Hi Dad" made the broadcast? Did any of you see it?

She was wearing a red Canes jersey, number 30. We tried everything we could do to get the cameras on her. Dad was at home watching the game back in N. Carolina.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Sharks fan here...

Wanted to know if a Canes fan holding a sign that says "Hi Dad" made the broadcast? Did any of you see it?

She was wearing a red Canes jersey, number 30. We tried everything we could do to get the cameras on her. Dad was at home watching the game back in N. Carolina.

I didn't notice her, but truthfully, there was a lot of the game I just couldn't stand looking at.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
hockeysmitten:

hock eys mitten

=

Herky_and_tigerhawk.JPG

+

michigan-md.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confirmed With Link: