Share your most defining moment in this Stanley Cup playoffs

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
TBL FL Game 1: Great game, great third period. At that point I was highly confident in the Bolts doing major damage and probably winning the cup.

TBL NYI Game 4: The Save. The first time during the playoffs I ever felt 'worried' the Bolts may lose the series. I still felt incredibly confident but I could see a realistic path to losing

TBL NYI Game 5: Domination. We won the cup that night. I was never really worried in G7 but that was fun too.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Despite underachieving for a while now, I found Toronto's failure to win a round to be genuinely shocking and the story of these playoffs, followed by the dawning realization that Tampa, Boston, Florida AND Montreal are right back in their division next year. This really was the year to take a step and gain some experience.

Reactions: Kamina

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Montreal beating the heavily favored Knights....that stunned me and I would never have thought that would have been possible.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Yeah watching Kuch skate without issue for the first time in months. Since I don't have access to practices I couldn't see him skating with the team for weeks.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
1. Lehkonen's series winner to send the Habs to the SCF
2. Kotkaniemi's OT winner in Game 6 vs the Leafs / The end of MTL-TOR Game 7
3. Fleury gaffe vs Montreal, Game 3
4. Toffoli OT series winner vs. Winnipeg
5. Jarry giveaway vs NYI in 2OT
6. Beauvillier OT winner in Game 6 vs TBL

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Kucherov's epic post championship interview.

Calling it epic highlights how the standards for hockey player interviews are very low. Finally a player shows a small bit of personality and it's called epic. I've seen a couple of people here call it epic.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Calling it epic highlights how the standards for hockey player interviews are very low. Finally a player shows a small bit of personality and it's called epic. I've seen a couple of people here call it epic.

@GOilers88 I take this back. I just heard the full interview for the first time. I thought people were calling it epic just because of that one comment about Habs fans. But the full interview was pretty entertaining.

For the record, I have zero problem with the Habs fans comment and think people are overreacting.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
@GOilers88 I take this back. I just heard the full interview for the first time. I thought people were calling it epic just because of that one comment about Habs fans. But the full interview was pretty entertaining.

For the record, I have zero problem with the Habs fans comment and think people are overreacting.
Epic is probably a bit of an overstatement but you definitely don't see athletes be that open and loose during interviews. The beer chug and the table slap 'lets go!" was awesome.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Surviving Game 3 against the Knights, and Corey Perry running back out with half his nose hanging off to celebrate and chirp the refs.

That was the night they were supposed to prove Montreal couldn't play with the elite teams from the West. They had the better of play. They couldn't beat Montreal's team defense. After that night, it was pretty evenly played. But that was the night that we proved we could outlast a great team, and this became not just a fun chance to one-up our Canadian rivals, but a real run at the cup.

Corey Perry taking that obvious slash to the nose and celebrating on the bench with blood pouring down his face just became a perfect mascot for the moment.

Reactions: Volodya Krutov

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Not a moment but a cloud hanging over these playoffs was the atrocious reffing.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Kucherov's press conference throwing shade at Habs fans and how it spawned 2 threads of people bitching about how classless he is. I absolutely love it.

Reactions: Volodya Krutov

TheNorthStars

Stars/Leafs
Sep 3, 2018
Surprised no one has mentioned Tavares getting Perrys knee to the face.

Pulocks glove save is my best moment though

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
The Habs - Leafs series is surely what defines the 2021 playoffs. Biggest and most unexpected comeback from 3-1 I've seen in a long time.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Fleury's misplay is right up there. Without that, you're probably looking at a Vegas/TB final. After that moment, Montreal got the life that they needed to win the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad