Share your favorite playoff experience

Bobby Smash

Feb 13, 2008
MX
I'll tell you my worst. Ducks v Kings game 7. By the time i got to my seat, it was 2-0.

I told myself I wouldn't go to a ducks game until they got past the 2nd round.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Game 4, 2010 Flyers vs. Bruins. Excellent overtime win in an electric atmosphere. There was a real belief in the crowd that the series wasn't over, IMO.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Every Leafs playoff game I went to they ended up losing.

In 2000 I was at Game 2 of their Eastern Conference Semi-Final series against New Jersey that they lost 1-0. I was also at Game 5 that they lost 4-3, however I do remember Leafs fans throwing garbage on the ice after a bad call.

In 2001 I was at Game 3 of their Eastern Conference Semi-Final series against New Jersey that they lost 3-2 in overtime, with the winning goal going off the skate of Cory Cross.

In 2004 I was at Game 1 of their Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series against Ottawa that they lost 4-2.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Listening to Peter Maher call the Gelinas game 6 OT goal against Detroit as a young boy.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
Modano's rookie year I went to every home game. Blues, Hawks, Oilers, then Pens. Got to see the Pens hoist the Cup. Hurt then, pretty cool now. Great run.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
May 8, 1992

Blackhawks v Red Wings

Brent Sutter scores very late in the 3rd, Hawks win 1-0 and complete the sweep. The ol' barn went nuts, brooms flying all over. No clue how people brought them in.

Ron*

This...

...and this:

And I was there for both of them.

jax00

DangleSnipe&Celly
Mar 3, 2007
Anaslime
Game 6, 03 Finals. I was only 11, but I still remember the crowd going nuts. Loudest I've ever heard it.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I've never been to a playoff game before. So my experience is limited to watching at home, but the Burrows OT winner against Chicago was probably my biggest highlight. The Caps/Habs series ranks as a close second. There was just something incredibly special watching the Canucks finally slay their dragon. Not to mention I have never been so nervous over a game before or since. I nearly broke my computer I leapt up so fast. :laugh:

LarmerAmonteSeabrook

I've been to 26 Blackhawks playoff games since 2009. The most memorable was Game 5 of the 2010 Stanley Cup Final. It was the first time I was able to attend a Stanley Cup Final game, and that alone made it the most special, especially since we haven't clinched a Cup title at home in my lifetime.

Honorable mentions:

Clinchers I have been to:
1. Game 5 vs. LA Kings, 2013 Western Conference Final - Kane wins it in 2 OT
2. Game 5 vs. Minnesota Wild, 2013 First Round
3. Game 6 vs. St. Louis Blues, 2014 First Round - Hawks scored 4 goals in the 3rd to salt it away
4. Game 6 vs. Nashville Predators, 2015 First Round - Keith wins it with under 4 minutes remaining

Other notables:
1. My first playoff game ever, Game 1 vs. Calgary, 2009 First Round - It was our first playoff game in 7 years, and the arena was rocking since before the Hawks hit the ice for pregame warmups! Martin Havlat won it for us 12 seconds into OT!
2. Game 5 vs. Nashville Predators, 2010 First Round - Kane scored a shortie in the closing moments to tie it up, Hossa comes out of the box in OT to win it (I actually called it before OT started).
3. Game 3 vs. San Jose Sharks, 2010 Western Conference Final - Dustin Byfuglien wins it midway into the 1st OT. I came home crying, because I knew my Blackhawks were 1 win away from playing for their first Stanley Cup in my adult life.
4. Game 5 vs. Boston Bruins, 2013 Stanley Cup Final - I snagged a single on Ticketmaster the night before

I am going to the game tomorrow night and hope that I get another memorable game to add to this list!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
My worst in person experience is easy.

ASeQRMx.jpg

To this day I don't understand how we were not killed coming back in the middle of the night driving through the mountains of northern New England. I have never been more heartsick after attending a sporting event in my life.

Last edited:

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Carkner and his OT winner against Pittsburgh in like, '10 or whenever it was!

Or seeing the senators destroy Montreal in that brawl last year

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Been to a bunch of playoff games and in this exact order, I'd rank my top 5.

1. Game 6 v. the Canadiens to win the Eastern Conference last year.
2. Game 5 v. the Caps in 2012 (Richards ties it with 6.6 to go, Staal wins it in OT)
3. Game 4 v. the Canadiens last year (MSL OT winner)
4. Game 6 v. the Pens last year (MSL Mothers Day goal)
5. Game 7 v. the Caps in 2012 (Rangers advance to the ECF for the first time since 97).

There's nothing like being there for a playoff overtime winner, it's one of the craziest experiences. Eastern Conference win is number one for me though as it was just surreal to finally see one of my teams get to the Final. I'm a 22 year old Mets, Rangers, and Jets fan so the only other time I got to see one of my teams get to that point was in 2000 when the Mets got to the World Series only to get beat by the Yankees. I was also only 7 so this was the first experience I could truly appreciate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad