Shanny Wants Rob Blake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufio65*

1) Gardiner has more points than Clarkson the last 2 seasons combined, and only 4 less than Clarkson this year and he's a defenseman. Clarkson is a legit NHL player who is being outscored by an AHL calibre defenseman?

2) I don't think you know what "generational means"

3) he has 1 more point in 10 less games than Clarkson and you call Clarkson a legit NHL player and producing.

I'm no Nonis fan, but Clarkson is by far his worst move.

1) You're cherry picking stats. Clarkson was atrocious last season, but that season was clearly a fluke considering he is a proven 30 goal scorer and has 10 goals this year. Clarkson brings more to the table than Gardiner and it's not even debateable.

2) I don't know what generational means? Deangelo has a HOF ceiling in terms of offensive ability. Think Paul Coffey and
Karlsson. The kid is the definition of a generational talent. He is the most dynamic defenseman that I've ever seen in years of watching the OHL.

3) This is Hollands best year in terms of production, he is soft and has very limited offensively. Clarkson has years of decent goal production and has played in a SCF. The only thing that Holland has proven in this league is that he is a plug.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
:facepalm:

How does the Leafs need someone that doesn't want to be here?

Please explain. :help:

.... how do you know he doesn't want to be here? you were the one who said his life is to Californian now, based on (I'm assuming the OP's) statement that he likes to surf, and likes working with the Kings.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
.... how do you know he doesn't want to be here? you were the one who said his life is to Californian now, based on (I'm assuming the OP's) statement that he likes to surf, and likes working with the Kings.

He and his family were very happy when they returned to California, from Colorado, in 2006. I can't remember whether I read this, or, heard it on a TV sports show. His wife Brandy, and his 3 kids, apparently love the Californian lifestyle.

When Blake became an unrestricted free agent in 2008, he signed a 1 year contract with the San Jose Sharks, to guess what, remain in California! He also signed an extension with the Sharks, and, became their team captain. He did not choose to come home and play for our Leafs, not once, but twice!

After retirement, even when he worked for the NHL, as an Operations Manager in 2010, he continued to LIVE in California, and he COMMUTED to Toronto, as necessary, for work!

Before the 2013-14 season, guess where he signed as an assistant general manager? Yep, with the L.A. Kings out of Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA.

So, it looks like to me, California is where he, and his family, want to be.

That's all I got.

Last edited:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He and his family were very happy when they returned to California, from Colorado, in 2006. I can't remember whether I read this, or, heard it on a TV sports show. His wife Brandy, and his 3 kids, apparently love the Californian lifestyle.

When Blake became an unrestricted free agent in 2008, he signed a 1 year contract with the San Jose Sharks, to guess what, remain in California! He also signed an extension with the Sharks, and, became their team captain. He did not choose to come home and play for our Leafs, not once, but twice!

After retirement, even when he worked for the NHL, as an Operations Manager in 2010, he continued to LIVE in California, and he COMMUTED to Toronto, as necessary, for work!

Before the 2013-14 season, guess where he signed as an assistant general manager? Yep, with the L.A. Kings out of Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA.

So, it looks like to me, California is where he, and his family, want to be.

That's all I got.

Eh, if the leafs doubled or tripled his current salary, he'd move- people just don't walk away from that type of money often.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Eh, if the leafs doubled or tripled his current salary, he'd move- people just don't walk away from that type of money often.

Money isn't everything! Especially, if you have to give half of it to your wife in a divorce settlement! ;)

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
The most important aspect of the new GM-hire is whether his hands are tied or if he has 'conditions' - meaning, for e.g., is he allowed to 'tank' if that's what he wants to do or decides that's the best route to take. If he does, then it doesn't matter what name is chosen or who is hired. Most likely, various prospective GMs will decline any invitation to interview let alone hire if there are conditions or restrictions involved.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Forget the money, Blake coming here could be a career-killer. He stays in LA, learns under Lombardi and he's GM when Lombardi is moved up to run the entire show Lieweke-style.

Blake comes here for money, Leafs don't make the playoffs for a few years and he's canned, his career is probably done.

leafsrule123

Apr 28, 2010
Castleton
Well you can close this thread, Friedman said he talked to Rob today and he's not going anywhere. Source was hockey night in Canada with strompo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad