Player Discussion Shane Pinto (C) - PART 2

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Faceoff machine, Shane Pinto, 0/8 tonight.

Can easily say it's been rough for him in the faceoff circle so far. Otherwise, looks very comfortable out there and doesn't look out of place either! With a bit of luck, he could have had 2-3 goals by now.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Wouldn't it be great if Pinto turns out to be a better player than Caulfield? That would really shake up Hab fans.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

Can easily say it's been rough for him in the faceoff circle so far. Otherwise, looks very comfortable out there and doesn't look out of place either! With a bit of luck, he could have had 2-3 goals by now.
Rookies always get jobbed by the refs in the faceoff circle (by letting vets cheat, and not letting them answer with their own cheating)

Reactions: aragorn

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Kid looks better every game he plays he already looks like an above average NHL player he has no business seeing any ice in the AHL.

Really hope he gets a goal before the season ends.

Reactions: NB613

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I guess there is a big difference between taking faceoffs against college guys & NHL pros.

I really like what I see in Pinto so far seems like a smart guy who tracks the puck & is very positionally sound, clearly very well coached & already NHL ready size wise & skillset. If L. Brown ever gets it together they could form a decent 2nd line with Stutzle at LW & Pinto moved to RW.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I guess there is a big difference between taking faceoffs against college guys & NHL pros.

I really like what I see in Pinto so far seems like a smart guy who tracks the puck & is very positionally sound, clearly very well coached & already NHL ready size wise & skillset. If L. Brown ever gets it together they could form a decent 2nd line with Stutzle at LW & Pinto moved to RW.

I fear Logan is fading slowly out of the picture similar to Back To The Future.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He started out solid in the dot but the Canucks are one of the best in the league. I am curious to see how he does the rest of the way.

Horvat , Miller and Sutter are tough at the dot.. All the C struggled for the most part. Been saying for a while they need a good faceoff coach.. they are putting in the work

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He started out solid in the dot but the Canucks are one of the best in the league. I am curious to see how he does the rest of the way.

He will learn through experience for sure. Do we have a coach who can help in on face-offs? If not, we should hire an expert part-time to work with all of our centers and wingers who will take -over if the C gets tossed.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Kid looks better every game he plays he already looks like an above average NHL player he has no business seeing any ice in the AHL.

Really hope he gets a goal before the season ends.

I am glad he is getting the ice-time to learn. Too bad JBD is not getting treated the same way.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Wouldn't it be great if Pinto turns out to be a better player than Caulfield? That would really shake up Hab fans.
It would be great.

NHL Network had a piece on Caufield. Kid has a lot of high skill moves. No attempt to knock Pinto or make any prediction on either players path forwards - just throwing out info on Caufield.

Love to see Pinto and Formenton get some goals before the end of the season.

Reactions: Cosmix

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
He will learn through experience for sure. Do we have a coach who can help in on face-offs? If not, we should hire an expert part-time to work with all of our centers and wingers who will take -over if the C gets tossed.

I’d imagine Jesse Winchester helps with that. He was good on draws and is in a player development role.

Reactions: Xspyrit and Cosmix

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think he has a higher ceiling than whats believed around here. He already looks better than most centres in the league every game and he is still under 10 games in. Excited to see what he does next year with the work he puts in on the off season.

I'm a big fan and I hated the draft pick at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad